Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2004, 12:32 AM

Default The Reason I Play NL - Help Me Out Here, Please!

I don't play limit much. Too much math. But I'd like to. I've played 7000 NL hands and I'm winning a bit. At PP .5/1, 1800 hands and I am down 4.6 BB/100 hands. This hand seems to be pretty much par for the course...Is this typical play. Once the pot is big, everybody correctly calls. With this many in, do I make crying/cussing calls with the AA when the flush shows? After all with everybody and their brother in the pot, someone should have it. Still, I could be wrong. Calling station on the river?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (26 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (23 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets $0.5 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (29.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 33.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 25.50 BB, between Hero, MP2, Button, SB and UTG+1.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 8 BB, between Hero, MP2, Button and SB.</font>
Old 08-30-2004, 12:42 AM

Default Re: The Reason I Play NL - Help Me Out Here, Please!

Yeah, you make the crying calls here. I don't think you can dump this hand for 2 more BB's-- the turn raise and probaby one on the river.

Looks to me like the button has the flush. But you'd be surprised how many players will bluff raise a third flush card. River sucks cause utg+1 looks real likely to have KK (if not the other AA) but you can't count on that because players get awful reckless when severely short stacked.

Odd are you've lost this hand, but you'll pick it up occaisionally, and occaissionally picking up a monster pot is a good thing--and pays for the 2 BB investment here.

--Zetack