Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2004, 12:20 AM

Default Crossly overplayed? pp 10/20

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

I'm struggling in adopting to the aggression level at 10/20, one second everybody's got nothing next minute I see nothing but the nuts (or there about). In my attempt to adjust I play hands like these, completely out of line? Should I just take my free card on the turn etc.

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.50 BB, between SB and Hero.</font>
Old 08-27-2004, 06:20 AM

Default Re: Crossly overplayed? pp 10/20

Why not the check the turn?
Old 08-27-2004, 08:54 AM

I like your line, if SB is poor (reasonable given his PF cold-call.)

On the turn, not only do you have many credible outs, but it's very plausible he'll call you with a hand you can beat.

The river raise is open to question, mainly given the paired board. But given our assumptions about SB so far I support it.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:09 AM

I bet this turn. I usually bet the turn when I improve if I am the driver in the hand, even if I just improve to a good draw (I may be too aggressive in my stance, but I would rather err on the side of aggression; most of my mistakes involve passivity). Here you picked up the second nut flush draw and second pair, very strong HU. I don't know if I raise the river or not. I think a raise is at worst slightly bad.

I have only played a few k hands of 10/20 though, I mainly play 5/10 right now, so I am going on limmited experience of the 10/20 aggression level.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not the check the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking. I would bet this turn 100% of the time in the 5/10 games, but tend to check it in the 10/20.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:40 PM

Default Results

SB flips over K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] which of course is good, I guess I caught a pretty bad river card.