Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2004, 11:40 PM

Default Opinions, pleeeeeeeeeease

Hey guys... I decided to take the time off before moving up to 1/2 on Party and tear through SSHE. Funny thing is, now that I think about it, maybe I would be better of trying to get a feel and let sink in what I just read by playing a bit longer at .5/1? I'm anxious to move up, but realized that it might not be wise to jump right up after reading a work that is preaching much more aggression than I am used to. Bankroll isn't really a problem, as I have over 475BB at 1/2... just thinking maybe it would be better to learn everything from SSHE on the table for less? Anyone see it differently or agree? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Opinions, pleeeeeeeeeease

I would advise practicing at the lower level. Moving up to a new level often requires some adjustments all on its' own. I don't think you want to be trying to change your playstyle AND adjust to a new limit at the same time.

If you move up and everything clicks and works out why that's great... but what if things don't go great? Then you have the problem if trying to decide if it's the new limit giving you trouble, your change in playstyle, a bad run of cards, etc.

Make the adjustments to your game at a level you are already familiar with. Once you become comfortable with the modifications to your game, THEN move up.

That is my advice FWIW. Hope this helps. Good luck! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]