Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2004, 10:18 AM

Default Re: MY CHIPS - WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK -

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks I agree, I will ask the artist to help me out. as for the est 2004, although corny I was hoping to leave some history behind in my later years

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree - I did this with my chips - except I used the year my wife and I were married since I don't actually have a cardroom.

Orange
Old 08-25-2004, 10:44 AM

I think designing a chip with the intent of passing them on is an excellent idea so you might want to add something with alot of family meaning (e.g. family mottoes/sayings, first homes, vacation spots...). You could even put a black & white sketch of your wife's grandpa though you might not have as much luck as Tenpercenter in getting folks to go in with you. I was thinking of using my various family crests for different denominations in my "if I win the lottery" custom chip design.

I also agree that the chipco chips can be more ornate so I'd take that into consideration.

Don't know if it's my screen or your design but it appears that their are two 7 of diamonds & two 7 of clubs... seemed odd to me.

Good luck and please post your progress.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:05 PM

Many times the fact that you can get more on a piece of art does not always make it better.

I like your chips the way they are. It's a simple but meaningful design that should reproduce well.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think designing a chip with the intent of passing them on is an excellent idea so you might want to add something with alot of family meaning (e.g. family mottoes/sayings, first homes, vacation spots...). You could even put a black & white sketch of your wife's grandpa though you might not have as much luck as Tenpercenter in getting folks to go in with you. I was thinking of using my various family crests for different denominations in my "if I win the lottery" custom chip design.

I also agree that the chipco chips can be more ornate so I'd take that into consideration.

Don't know if it's my screen or your design but it appears that their are two 7 of diamonds & two 7 of clubs... seemed odd to me.

Good luck and please post your progress.

[/ QUOTE ]

My order from homepokerchips.com is in process right now, and I used a similar concept.....Used my last name, with a "W" logo, with mine and the wife's initials.....Our anniversary year is listed as "Est. 1994."

Hey, give me **** if you want, but the design homepokerchips.com came up with is awesome, and if a family-theme helped convince the wife to go in on the cost with me, then it's worth it!

I'll post pics when they come in, if anyone is interested in another "What do you think of my chips?" thread.....
Old 08-25-2004, 05:00 PM

Thanks for all the input, I should have the first rendering by late next week, & will post to get more ideas, the wedding date idea is great, the sevens is all I can find, Im not much of an artist so I copied it for the idea, but I want poker of Sevens, the colors selected are my Local Professional Teams in Miami..
Old 08-25-2004, 05:06 PM

Not sure what game you are playing but why do you have two 7 of diamonds and two 7 of clubs?
Old 08-25-2004, 05:13 PM

Those are the only 7's I could find, in order to send my idea to the artist I had to use these, this is my drawing which is not good.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:47 PM

Any idea how long before they send the actual proof.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:48 AM

I was contacted by the homepokerchips.com artist within 36 hours of my initial artwork deposit. His name was Patrick and he was really great to work with.

I combined a couple of their existing designs and incorporated my name & initials to give the chips the look I wanted......

I'd say we exchanged emails about 4-5 days before coming up with the exact chip design (took 4 revisions, but I'm happy with the proof.)

They're great about keeping you informed about your order, and getting it processed, IMO.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(took 4 revisions, but I'm happy with the proof.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Same for me and the Egyptian chips (thanks to help and comments on this board).

Chipco tells me that 4 revisions is about normal.

I had very great service from Dave at http://homepokerchips.com too. It was a technicality that I couldn't use them.

Ten