Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2004, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Poker and Religion

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last thing you mentioned is something that Jesus taught and emphasized, but not in the way that I think you're perceiving it.

GoT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a classic example of religious word plays...Religions will twist words and meanings around to say what they think it should say....I LOVE IT!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

The point here was that Jesus taught us to believe in him first and foremost, and in doing so we would do more good. If you are continuing sinful actions, then you are not believing in a loving Jesus as you should. We are stronger with him, and that is why he taught us to believe in him first and foremost.

Justin A
Old 08-25-2004, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"The trick is to be tolerant of opposing views"

Yeah, and the one thing I can't tolerate is intolerance
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I'm pretty sure this will offend you rather than persuade you of anything. But...

Do you see that you are logically inconsistent? A truly tolerant person would even tolerate intolerance. So you are intolerant too -- it's just that you choose something different to be intolerant about.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:32 AM

JOKE! At least the cap'n got it....
Old 08-25-2004, 01:24 PM

I understand that it was a joke. I just don't think that you should consider yourself to be truly tolerant.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:44 PM

Well of course I'm not. I'm intolerant of people that mess with my kids, criticize my wife, or kick my dog. I'm intolerant of people that tell racist jokes. I'm intolerant of public officials that waste tax money. The list could go on for quite some time. When, I wonder, did this unquestioning "I'm OK, you're OK" new-age feel-good tolerance become a virtue? Anyone who is truly tolerant of anything and everything is a spineless wimp without any true beliefs or core values. If there was a greater amount of reasoned, sympathetic intolerance of wrongs in our society, the world would be a better place.