Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2004, 04:39 AM

Default How\'d I play this one?

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls,

Flop: (10 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

River: (8 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17 BB, between MP, Hero and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (17 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP shows As 5s (three of a kind, aces).
Hero shows Ad 9h (three of a kind, aces).
SB shows Tc 8c (flush, ace high).
Outcome: SB wins 17 BB. </font>

As I look at it NOW, it starts to appear to be dumb. Should I have bet the flop? How's the call on the river?
Old 08-25-2004, 10:20 AM

Default Re: How\'d I play this one?

.5/1 posts should generally be posted in the Micro-Limits forum.

Fold this hand preflop. Even though it is 6 handed you are best off letting this go against an UTG preflop raiser.

Bet the flop.

Raise the turn.

The river call is ok. I think you'll be good here better than 13% of the time so it's fine. Although being more aggressive on the early streets would give you a much better idea of where you were at.

Don't post your results in the initial post. It tends to affect the responses.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:25 AM

Just wanted to say that you answered that beautifully. In this type of game, I'd rarely call a raise cold with A9o, even with posiition.

-Ed-
Old 08-25-2004, 10:31 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

no offense, but this type of thing is unacceptable. if you're going to post hands here, then at least do your homework and make some attempt to get better. if you read any decent book, you'd realize that this preflop call is awful, as is your flop play. hands like this just clutter this board.

and post these hands in the micro limit forum for now on please.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:33 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

you should never cold-call with A9o, ever, no matter what type of game. you can raise a steal raise, but fold it to everything else. fold it preflop too unless you have the button or unless you can bring it in for a raise. with a crappy hand (and A9o is very crappy), you need to have some sort of advantage. either have the button or have control of the hand.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:35 AM

PF- don't call, fold
flop-don't check, bet
turn-don't call, raise
river-don't let yorself get into this position, you need to be much more aggressive earlier in the hand

I haven't read the results yet. Overall, I don't think you played this hand well. I actually don't agree with a single street.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:34 AM

Against a maniac, I reraise with this hand. That is along the lines of what I meant. I never would simply call.

-Ed
Old 08-25-2004, 11:42 AM

Default Sthief09 is henceforth the Small Stakes Wrong Forum Man

Hey Josh, I nominate you as our SS police-person, since you're like our most zealous poster anyway. From now on, posts that should be in micro, assinine bad beat whines, and other posts that clearly indicate a total lack of understanding about how SS rules should only be responded by Sthief09. One response, minimal clutter, on to the next one.

Go get 'em.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Sthief09 is henceforth the Small Stakes Wrong Forum Man

poor Josh has his work cut out for him. Thanks to SSH there is now way he will be able to deal with the influx of this kind of stupidity. Gone are the days of "i love you ed, can i have your love child", hello the days od "calling UTG raise wit A9o and check/calling to river".

the SS forum is harder to deal with than 5/10 at party.