Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2004, 01:59 PM

Default Take a break for SSH?

OK, guys... I'm a long-time lurker of these forums, but rarely post. I decided to do so today to get some opinions for everybody else on here. I started playing online seriously in May, and since that point have turned my initial $200 deposit into $960 playing two tables of .5/1. The only limit hold'em book that I have read is WLLH, and initally I couldn't understand the many complaints I read about the book -- afterall, I have made decent money using it as a guide. But, in all honesty, I kind of feel like I've stagnated a little bit and become a little formulaic, not to mention noticing that I'm laying down winners in situations where people on this board are saying that SSHE would advise calls.

So, since I am easily bankrolled to make the transition to 1/2, I was thinking that maybe before I do should just take a bit of a break and tear my way through SSHE. Would you all agree with an idea like this or, even better, possibly even out-and-out recommend it? Thoughts appreciated.

-Dave
Old 08-24-2004, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Take a break for SSH?

Definitely, absolutely, 100% read SSH whether or not you are moving up to 1/2, but if you are, definitely, absolutely, 100%. 1/2 is a very different, much tighter game, and Jones's recommended weak play is meant for loose passive games. SSH will help you wade through the rock garden.