Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2004, 04:39 PM

Default KQo in BB monotone flop with a K

Just sat down.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (7.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero ???

Button can have several hands he feels are good here, the nut flush, a flush, four of a kind, a boat full of fours or full of fives. So should I 3-bet, call or fold?
Old 08-23-2004, 04:44 PM

Default Re: KQo in BB monotone flop with a K

I would just call. Unless your opponent is a total idiot (and of course, that's very possible since this is Party .50/1), raising will usually only drive up the rake (you'll split the pot). And sometimes, you'll be giving him action on his quads.

I would be hesitant to raise even if I had a read that he was a moron. He came to life when the final four hit - a .50/1 fish is very capable of having something like 64o here.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:46 PM

The only hand you fear in this situation would be the 4. I'm figuring he is not betting the 5s full b/c he would have been pounding that on the turn and he doesn't have AA or KK b/c he never showed aggression.

I'd put him on the 5 or some medium pocket pair and 3-bet the river with an extra bet ready to call a cap.

Shaun
Old 08-23-2004, 05:24 PM

Why would you ever fold this? You have top pair on a tripped board. What beats you? 4x and AA, and you split with Kx. I'd be shocked if you were behind here. Raise, raise, raise.

-d
Old 08-23-2004, 06:22 PM

3-bet the river.

the PF raise is circumspect, i'd like to hear thoughts on raising 3 players out of the BB with KQo. KQs i'd do in a blink; not KQo.

Regards,
Pete Harris
Old 08-23-2004, 06:42 PM

Hi-
I like the preflop raise, to answer the recent question. No way you are folding this river. I think you need to reraise the river, because not only is there little chance he has a 4 - but because you are also beating any pocket pair lower than KK (except 55, which he would raise on the turn). If he's this slow with 55, AA, or KK then he can miss bets all night at my table. Then again, I'm getting trounced recently and am zero confident this is good advice.
-t

results?
Old 08-23-2004, 10:23 PM

I 3-bet and pay him off if he caps with a bigger boat or quads. You'll catch someone bluffing or overplaying a hand often enough in these sorts of 'probable split' situations to make up for any extra rake you end up paying.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:31 PM

3-bet the river, he might have a weaker King and youll split the pot or an underpair, but I don't credit him for a 4. But if he has it then you pay him off

-Sent
Old 08-24-2004, 03:29 AM

Default Results

Hero wimped out and called. Button showed 55 for a full house, fives full of fours.

Saved two BB this time but I should have 3-bet, still playing scared. Maybe I'll use "Chicken" instead of "Hero" in the converter next time...