Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2004, 11:01 AM

Default 99 on the button

A few questions here...

The main reason I was going to post this hand was the turn play, but I am now also wondering about the preflop play. My logic in this situation is that 99 is too good to fold, but not good enough to 3bet. Is this right, or is there a better way to go?

Also, is the turn fold fine? When he bet into me after the second overcard fell, I was sure I was beat (probably by AJ).

Would the correct play change if the turn was an undercard (say the 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) instead? This assumes that CO still bets into you.

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6.75 BB, won by CO.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to CO.</font>
Old 08-23-2004, 11:35 AM

Default Re: 99 on the button

pf ok..ck the flop co will bet then you cr..if others come with you then good makes a big pot..if cked through then you get free turn card..on the turn ck again(in either situation) if anyone bets fold if not get a free river..
Old 08-23-2004, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pf ok..ck the flop co will bet then you cr..if others come with you then good makes a big pot..if cked through then you get free turn card..on the turn ck again(in either situation) if anyone bets fold if not get a free river..

[/ QUOTE ]

He can't check raise the flop. He is the button.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:01 PM

He can't check raise the flop. He is the button.

delicious.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:30 PM

At risk of getting ripped for my rock-like passivity three times in a single week [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I would check the flop &amp; take a free card. You've got a pair, but there's an overcard on the board, and your flush draw is a pretty weak one.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At risk of getting ripped for my rock-like passivity three times in a single week [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I would check the flop &amp; take a free card. You've got a pair, but there's an overcard on the board, and your flush draw is a pretty weak one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't I think I have the best hand though? The preflop raiser almost surely has overcards since he didn't bet the flop. Do you really think I can give any straight and flush draws a free card here?
Old 08-23-2004, 03:07 PM

Betting the flop was certainly correct. This is a tough hand. A good read would help a ton in a situation like this. It certainly looks like he hit that jack, although I guess it would be possible he picked up a draw (myabe has KQ) and was betting hoping to take down the pot there, but not concerened if he is called.

I think without a good read I would probably call the turn and see what developed on the river. If the river wasn't too scary I am likely calling a river bet as well and then cursing when I am shown AJ. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]