Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2004, 06:15 AM

Default Re: Starting a bankroll from $0

I started with 15$ free cash at the gaming club and i have turned that into 70,000$ about 10 months later. I had over 90k but lost 25k recently in 2 days of poor play. So it is certainly doable it will probably take a lot of job, some talent and much thinking about the game for it to work as good as it has for me though. I have spend pretty much 10h a day 6 days a week learning poker playing poker reading poker books and posting in internet forums. And in order to make my BR grow as fast as possible i have decided not to make any cashouts until i have reached somewhere around 100-200k.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:04 AM

I began by winning $10 my first week of playing in a stars freeroll, which I promptly lost as I sucked at poker. Then I won $25 at ACR in a freeroll, which I again lost. Finally, I won another $50 at ACR, which, at the time (last January), had quite good freeroll opportunities. From there, I've built myself a pretty large bankroll.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:45 AM

You don't have to deposit at Pacific to withrdraw. I took the free $20 and cashed it out at around $60. I still plan on making my first deposit there at some point and taking advantage of the initial deposit bonus.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:31 AM

I am one that got the $2 free from Paradise earlier this year. After a lot of grinding at .02/.04, some SNG's, and the 1/2 5-max games, I am up to about $2K.

I was thinking of depositing some of that money into another site that has a buy-in bonus, and then transfering that money back into Paradise. (Whenever I log into Paradise, a pop-up tells me I am eligible for a 25% deposit bonus.) Which site, if any, would you guys recommend whoring on, and am I real stupid for not doing this already?

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:05 AM

Similar experience for me as well. At Royal Vegas they gave away $10 for a sign up - 1 year later (as of september - I hope to pass 10K. - but i think realistically i'll be short 500)

Sarge [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2004, 11:41 AM

Nice. I didn't know that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2004, 01:22 PM

Yea I turned my $15 at TGC into about $6 million in like 2 weeks.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:27 PM

I was able to turn a $1.40 freeroll in December 2003 into a current $8000 bankroll, so it can be done, with a little bit of luck at the beginning. Looking back, it would make more sense to just deposit $300 and just play solid poker, but I guess its more fun to say you started with nothing and ended up with 4 or 5 digit bankrolls.

BTW, several sites will give you a couple dollars to start out for free, so that's one way to get the initial seed money.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:05 PM

Yep took a $10 win at absolute poker in a freeroll, built it up to $400 or so. Then I took all but a bit out and spread it over several poker sites. Now I have about $300 at party, $50 at stars, and $6 at paradise (given a $2 gift there im working up) and I've withdrawn quite a bit (mainly from party). I LOVE to build up from nothing. It is quite fun. Ive never paid a cent to play poker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2004, 09:09 PM

I downloaded Pacific Poker, signed up for real money play (without making a deposit), and they just put $10 into my account tonight (one week later). They have microlimits and the games are beautiful - You want to cold call my three bet on the river with three flush cards on the board? If you insist! What's that you say? Nice hand? Why thank you Sir! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]