Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2004, 09:10 AM

Default Final Table: Question about the blinds

We had a 30 player No limit Home Tourney this weekend. The starting chips were T10000. The blinds started 50/100. 4 1/2 hours later we were at the final table.

With T300,000 in play and 10 players the break down was roughly 80K, 40K, 40K, 30K, 25K, 20K, 20K 15K, 15K, 15K

My question is -- the blinds were at 4000/8000 as the final table came together. Technically, based on tournament advice -- EVERYONE was basically at a FOLD or ALL IN situation. Is this typical? It seems a little frustrating to come all this way and have the final table break up in 30 minutes after a crap shoot of ALL IN's.

I finished in the money 3rd place -- so I am not crying. Everything I have read about running a tournament seems to indicate the levels, blinds, time were all fine -- but the fact that the final table would have every player short stacked relative to the blinds seems wrong.

Thoughts?
Old 08-23-2004, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Final Table: Question about the blinds

Seems to me if an ante was added it would loosen up the play earlier and you wouldn't have this situation. Just a thought.