Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2004, 01:44 PM

Default Complete tool move? I hate people.

Had cashed out of my game and was watching one of my buddies at a $200 NL table when the following occurred:

Young college kid that couldn't keep his mouth shut and generally came off as a jerk is heads up against another guy in a small pot. Action is to the kid and he checks, looks at the guy and says "wanna just split the pot?" Guy clearly says, "sure" and tosses his cards toward the center.

College kid flips his cards up and the dealer pushes him the pot, which he begins to stack. Guy next to him at the table says, "hey, you gonna split that up?" and kid replies, "No way, he folded."

Lots of grumbling at the table but the kid just seems to enjoy it. I was pretty much agahst.

Is that an example of unforgivable angle shooting? Or par for the course? I don't play much B&M but I'm not sure I want to after seeing crap like that.
Old 08-22-2004, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Complete tool move? I hate people.

This is total BS. All the other player (or any player, or the dealer) had to do was call a floorman over. That is what they are there for. The floorman is going to listen to both sides, then tell the kid to split the pot, or get up from the table.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2004, 03:01 PM

The guy needs his ass kicked.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:24 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

this is why battery should be legal
Old 08-22-2004, 03:28 PM

If you aim below the waist it's not attempted murder. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2004, 03:45 PM

I thought it was pretty crazy. If he tried that in the wrong game I'm pretty sure he would have gotten some vigilante justice on his exit.

I'm actually surprised that no one called the floor. The table was riding him but the guy he screwed out of the half-pot finally said that he didn't want the money and got up to take a walk. Honestly, I think the kid just wanted to put the table on tilt.

He was pretty much just an all-around tool. Berating players, whining when he got beat and acting like he was on the WPT by flipping up hands and asking people if they wanted a call, etc. Retarded.
Old 08-22-2004, 04:51 PM

The floor will likely not deal with this situation. Splitting the pot in this situation is technically against the rules, and generally the pot has to be split by the players involved. That is why the dealer generally pushes the pot to one player rather than splitting it.

-Michael
Old 08-22-2004, 04:56 PM

in many of my previous posts i have said never take you hands off your cards until the dealer has pushed you the pot and the losing hand is gone. got what he deserved kinda.
Old 08-22-2004, 05:45 PM

In many ways I agree with this comment. However, people who pull that crap are still scum in my opinion.