Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2004, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Cheating Gaffs

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to go with "d. all of the above."

[/ QUOTE ]

DING DING.

1. If i heard the noise EVERY SINGLE time he dealt a card, I wouldnt be too suspicious. Some people just hold the deck too tightly. But if I hear the noise when hes only dealing to a certain player or himself...then I would be very wary.

The other thing I have found is that, not many people realize that you can not only smoothly deal seconds and bottoms, but also seconds from the bottom.

2. Its 8 faro perfect faros...so yes this could be trouble.
This is probably one of the most deceptive moves, if someone can learn how to do it. Because you shuffle the deck 8 times, it appears your being thorough, when in actuality your resetting the deck.

3. Turning the deck upside down can mean a couple things.

Obviously, the person could be looking at the bottom card, if not to deal, then possibly to discount some outs.

Or he could be doing a pass, which can be so seamless, you dont even know the deck has been A) controlled to bring a certain part of the deck to the top B) changed (fairly easy if you use a common deck like Bicycle)
Old 08-21-2004, 09:45 AM

http://www.neo-tech.com/poker/part3c.html#XIV
author makes some interesting points about cheaters and cheating. all around an interesting read
Old 08-21-2004, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.neo-tech.com/poker/part3c.html#XIV
author makes some interesting points about cheaters and cheating. all around an interesting read

[/ QUOTE ]

I read the passage. Very intriguing writing style for a poker book. Interesting thought: Letting the cheater cheat, if he loses overall.

Ten
Old 08-22-2004, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I read the passage. Very intriguing writing style for a poker book. Interesting thought: Letting the cheater cheat, if he loses overall.

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

Reminds me of a situation I had several years ago while banking a player-banked blackjack game in a Seattle-area cardroom.

One of the players started putting on a drunk act and knocking over his stack of chips when he got dealt a stiff. He would then proceed to drag one or two of the bet chips back into his stack. I complained to the cardroom manager, who told me he knew about the guy, but didn't seem in any big hurry to bar him. I was pretty pissed off about the cardroom manager's inaction at first, but gradually realized that I did NOT want this guy barred, because he was such a bad BJ player! The key was simply to keep the cheating to a minimum by keeping a close eye on him, and to make sure that he knew I was keeping a close eye on him.

Alan