Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2004, 05:52 AM

Default My first post

How did I play this hand?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Pinlifter
Old 08-19-2004, 07:03 AM

Default Re: My first post

Hi Pinlifter - welcome to the forums,

I probably fold this preflop from MP unless I have a read on the table as being very loose passive (this is more based on my playing limitations as opposed to anything else).

The flop raise is fine but when you are 3-bet by MP3 I think you are behind (I don't think overcards would 3-bet here).

I think its ok to fold to the turn bet but as you have got this far then it is also to check call the turn and the river.

I don't like the river bet (unless you were representing the 7 and wanted an overpair to fold). You are only going to get called by better hands and anyone pushing top pair since the flop is going to raise you.

This hand is probably why I don't play these hands from MP.

I'm sure some of the regulars will have different advice to me

Rgds
ipp147
Old 08-19-2004, 07:13 AM

FOLD PREFLOP
Old 08-19-2004, 10:39 AM

Abednego?

Fold Pre-Flop

Old 08-19-2004, 10:43 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

you should've mucked preflop, but I think you played it well postflop on all streets. I'm not so sure that I love the river bet though, since he showed a lot of strength on the flop and will raise you here if he has trips. when he doesn't have trips, he'll usually still have a better hand than you (A6, 88, 99, etc), or a busted draw (T9) that he would bet if you checked but fold if you bet.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:19 PM

Fold preflop. The place to play hands like this is on the button.

Sup with the river? You put this dude on an overpair? If so then its a decent bluff that doesnt have to be right often, but on-line you will get called here almost all the time. If he raises you will lay it down I hope....
Old 08-19-2004, 02:10 PM

Default Results

I lost to an overpair.

Pinlifter