Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2004, 03:43 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Did Anyone Else Notice this?

Briana Banks
Old 08-19-2004, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Briana Banks

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn straight. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2004, 08:00 AM

I'd do Annie or Ben, or Annie and Ben, either way.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It all seems to be feedback concerning her appearances on TV

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen! This forum and her contribution are pretty much worthless and useless. It's a shame she decided to come here instead of MTT forum or mid/high stakes forum.

It would be great to hear her talk about tactics and strategy rather than TV appearances and gossip. Plus getting into a "real" poker forum would shed off some of the trolls.

But my guess is all she cares about is being "famous" and talk about tv and tournament gossip rather than talking about poker strategy. Paul Phillips likewise came to THIS forum rather than any of the real ones. Fame is what they care about and want to talk about. Not poker.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:37 AM

You should do your homework as well. I have been posting in the Poker Theory section.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:40 AM

Annie -

No teasing! Answer the question!

Five posts in Poker Theory and fifty in WPT doesn't change much in my book... I post about the same ratio in small stakes and Other Topics and nobody considers me a SS guru...

NT
Old 08-19-2004, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Five posts in Poker Theory and fifty in WPT doesn't change much in my book... I post about the same ratio in small stakes and Other Topics and nobody considers me a SS guru...

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy cow...you guys just crack me up. This forum must be the hardest group of people in the whole world to please. Who the hell cares where the pros post on here?

With all of the Annie Duke bashing over the past six months, I can think of a number of times people commented that she wouldn't dare come here to defend herself or explain. So she does, and now the gripe is she isn't offering enough poker advice? What a joke, she has no obligation at all to offer anything to anyone. Anything a pro offers up as strategy advice or thoughts should be considered a bonus. As for promoting herself, I don't believe I've seen any posts where she even goes so far as to mention UB, although I could be wrong.

And the way people keep responding to her, what makes you think the trolls aren't going to follow her into other forums?

stheif, this isn't necessarily directed to your original post, just to those who seem to think she owes us something for posting here. If people don't like her, fine. There are people on this site I don't like either, but I don't go around bashing them when they post.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just to those who seem to think she owes us something for posting here

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think she owes us a thing. In fact I can't believe she shows up since she gets so much abuse. I have never bashed her and I never will. Other than to say posting in this particular forum is useless. If she is going to get involved at 2+2 it would be tremendous to see how she could contribute to high stakes and tournament forums. Look at all the great stuff we got from Fossilman at MTTs and the big boys over at High/mid.

I guess I'd just like see her get more involved with real poker discussions. I'd like to hear more from world class players. And I'm not talking about Ben Afleck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2004, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If she is going to get involved at 2+2 it would be tremendous to see how she could contribute to high stakes and tournament forums. Look at all the great stuff we got from Fossilman at MTTs and the big boys over at High/mid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, it will be great if she decides to do some MTT posting. I didn't know she had been posting a little in poker theory, so I'll have to check that out.

On a related note, I wonder if Dan Harrington will post at all when his 2+2 book comes out.

And finally, I'll ask again, <font color="red"> when is Ed Miller getting his name in red?? </font>
Old 08-19-2004, 01:21 PM

I never said anything about promoting herself or attacking her. I just thought it was silly that in the time she's been a member here, the vast majority of her posts have been about gossip and trivial issues, or explaining/apologizing for her own behavior. If she is here to discuss all these silly issues, I want to get the goods from her! Did she see Ben's wink? If so, what was her opinion?

I wasn't going to bring up her topic choices until she defended them herself. Her poker theory posts are accurate, but unremarkable. I agree that she could do much better in that forum or in MTT or perhaps the other poker games. Hell, I'm sure she knows a good bit about NL play too.

I was just here looking for the dirt! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

NT