Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2004, 10:25 PM

Default First Hand Posted for Critique

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: (3.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.70 BB
Old 08-18-2004, 10:30 PM

Default Re: First Hand Posted for Critique

Raise preflop!

There, I said it first.

As for the rest of the hand, in the small pot I think you are better off just folding on the flop. Even if the BB just has a pair you don't really have the odds to draw and if he has a 5 you are just kind of screwed.

Once you see the turn, I think I likely play it the same. I don't like being 3-bet of course but when he checks the river I'd be really tempted to bet as well.

When I did get checkraised, I likely would grudgingly call as well because anyone tricky enough to try to checkraise there seems tricky enough to bluff a missed draw as well.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:32 PM

Is there a way for the bison converter to remember the results for me, or do I just have to remember them?
Old 08-18-2004, 10:33 PM

Here I go helping a guy I'll probably play against quite a bit (I play the same UB games ...)

If no one's raised in front of you, raise this hand every time at this level. Lots of dominated hands will call and you get more value. If 3-bet, proceed with caution.

Having done that, I bet the flop to try for the free card if I need it on the river. Once I hit on the turn, I call down after the BB 3-bet.

You'll get better responses from some of the other guys here if you keep posting hands. I'm still learning right with you. Some of these guys are much better than I. This forum is a blessing, trust me.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:18 AM

Default Results

You guessed it -- BB held 77. He had the boat on the flop.