Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2004, 07:31 PM

Default River Bluff! How did I do?

Hey All,

0.5/1 NLHE at Stars

I have been at the table for about 1.5 hours. I have been solid - I have made some bluffs and some good hands but have never been caught doing anything 'naughty' yet. Player in question has been sat on my right for the whole time. Solid (not a rock), has made no fancy moves and likes to stay out of big pots.

I have about $150 and he has about $180. I'm SB he is the button.

All fold to the villian who raises to $3 - he has done this quite few times and I haven't even called his bets.

I look at K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I decide to mix it up and see if he is genuine so I re-raise to $8. He calls quite quickly.

Flop

5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet $15 and he min raises. I put him on an Ace or small over pair and decide to call.

Turn

4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check (mistake?) and he bets $25. I think for a bit and still put him on an AQ or AJ, something like that. i decide to call as I still have overcards and a flush draw.

River

7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I think for a bit and then bet $47. Villain thinks for ages and folds.

I then decide to show my hand as I had been playing like a bit of a rock - was this a huge mistake??

How did I play the hand?

Criticism and suggestion much appreciated!

Cheers Jon
Old 08-18-2004, 09:20 PM

Default Re: River Bluff! How did I do?

Acutally, reraising on the flop or the turn might have caused you to lose this one. I think you're river bluff (especially w/ that odd bet) was the best thing for you there. Also, showing hands like that can be VERY profitable. Especially showing a river bluff for a good-sized pot. You will lose a lot of respect, but if you play made hands strongly you can expcet non-believers to pay you off. Nice bluff.