Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2004, 06:04 PM

Default Re: moneymaker and helmuth

[ QUOTE ]
"Rocco (Milton,MA): You seemed to get along well with Dutch Boyd last year in the WSOP are you guys close at all and if so has he invited you to be a part of "the crew"

Chris Moneymaker: He invited me to be part of the crew last year but I turned him down."

Heh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to send Chris a question asking "I guess you don't find giving other guys a hand job at 3am telling them how great a poker player they are desirable".
Old 08-17-2004, 06:26 PM

Justin (Los angeles): Phil, is it possible for you to plug more of your products during this chat?

Phil Hellmuth: Promote promote promote! (If you go after the highest quality products, then why be shy when it comes time to promote them?) I try to make sure everything that has the Phil Hellmuth brands associated with it is of the highest quality. By the way, I forgot to promote the Phil Hellmuth chip set ; ) ..
Old 08-17-2004, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Justin (Los angeles): Phil, is it possible for you to plug more of your products during this chat?

Phil Hellmuth: Promote promote promote! (If you go after the highest quality products, then why be shy when it comes time to promote them?) I try to make sure everything that has the Phil Hellmuth brands associated with it is of the highest quality. By the way, I forgot to promote the Phil Hellmuth chip set ; ) ..

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Almost a Shatner-esque self parody. Christ, if he wants to plug his stuff at the beginning and/or end of the chat, by all means, but doesn't he realize that being such a product whore is just going to make people not read it entirely, thus subverting his whole point for having it in the first place. Honestly, if he'd put a website link and mentioned the products at the beginning and end, and then spent the middle part giving advice/honestly answering questions, I bet he would have done himself alot more good than being a shameless schill.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:53 PM

go to cardplayer and read his article on Andy Glazer. Disgusting.

www.cardplayer.com
Old 08-17-2004, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
go to cardplayer and read his article on Andy Glazer. Disgusting.

www.cardplayer.com

[/ QUOTE ]

if i ever die, i'd hope he could come to my funeral and talk about his new poker book.