Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2004, 02:49 PM

Default Re: 5/10 QQ Hand

[ QUOTE ]

No read on co, what do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

He may put you on a big pair without the [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] because your PF play suggests AA or KK and he could believe your weakish flop bet suggests no [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

So I guess he could believe he has some folding equity which might change the range of hands he pushes with.

But still, I think most times you call here you're a big dog and the other times only a marginal favourite.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:10 PM

Anybody else think that reraising an UTG raise and a call with just QQ is a bad idea? (unless you have a specific read on the opponent UTG). This isnt party 50 and i think that your pf reraise is a bet that HATES to be called.

wait for a good flop to get aggressive.

And the flop play makes me quesy.

fsuplayer
Old 08-16-2004, 05:09 PM

He had black jacks. I agree with almost everything that was said. I think most of the time in these situations I'm going to be a slight favorite or a big dog. When I called I put him on AK with the Ah.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:16 PM

Did you think of a flop push? Is it really that unreasonable if you will call the all in?
Old 08-16-2004, 06:19 PM

no reason to make this call what so ever. It turned out ok, but I think in the long run this is a losing situation. GH though
Old 08-16-2004, 07:09 PM

did you give any thought to just calling preflop and why did you raise? my thought was that it is tough for QQ to reraise here. i think you made the right play calling here but i am curious as to your preflop thoughts.

Pat
Old 08-16-2004, 07:30 PM

Well, Honestly?

Horrible.

I just call the UTG raise PF. Then if he checks to me I bet the $80.00 pot and fold to his raise. Easy cheesy.

If you won this hand the opponent is a complete stoner moron. If you had the Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], then maybe , MAYBE you could play it that way. I still choose my line though.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:51 AM

preflop needs to be the right opponents or situation for me to reraise. i hate getting blown off any pair preflop, but you still likely have the best of it. if you were pretty confident about being ahead preflop, fine. if the stacks were deep enough to stand a re-reraise, i reraise more liberally.

on the flop lesser stack has 1.6 the pot or so and you have an overpair. i'm usually all-in there without much thought, although i'd be staring hard at my opponents when the flop came out and would sometimes pick up a tell and correctly drop without a bet.

if i'm in i am not giving a cheap card. i'd bet more. all-in sounds pretty good. has a nice finality to it.

matt
Old 08-17-2004, 07:30 AM

Default Re: You guys dont reraise

a 4XBB raise from UTG with QQ? No wonder I am making so much money....
Old 08-17-2004, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you think of a flop push? Is it really that unreasonable if you will call the all in?

[/ QUOTE ]
Id bet more but I wouldnt push. I want the A,K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to make a play at me...