Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2004, 01:58 PM

Default Need advice for this hand

I was wondering if I played this hand well..

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (11.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (27.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets $1 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 29.75 BB
Old 08-14-2004, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Need advice for this hand

I would fold the turn at least, once it is 3 to you, you should drop it. Board paired and anyone with a 2 or set has you beat.

-Sent
Old 08-14-2004, 02:18 PM

Raise PF. Clear out some of these players.

Fold the turn. Someone has you beat.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:20 PM

Here are the results....
Results in red below: <font color="red">
Hero shows 9s 9c (two pair, nines and twos).
MP2 shows 6h 8s (two pair, eights and twos).
MP3 shows As 3s (one pair, twos).
CO shows Ah 5h (two pair, fives and twos).
Outcome: Hero wins 29.75 BB. </font>

I realize my pot odds for the turn were less than favorable getting 11 to 3, for a 22 to 1 draw. But I thought I had the best hand, I am 50% to win it before the J came out. And that is why I called 3 bets cold. Plus, prior to this hand, these guys were capping with garbage, and as the results show, nothing changed
Old 08-14-2004, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here are the results....
Results in red below: <font color="red">
Hero shows 9s 9c (two pair, nines and twos).
MP2 shows 6h 8s (two pair, eights and twos).
MP3 shows As 3s (one pair, twos).
CO shows Ah 5h (two pair, fives and twos).
Outcome: Hero wins 29.75 BB. </font>

I realize my pot odds for the turn were less than favorable getting 11 to 3, for a 22 to 1 draw. But I thought I had the best hand, I am 50% to win it before the J came out. And that is why I called 3 bets cold. Plus, prior to this hand, these guys were capping with garbage, and as the results show, nothing changed

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be results oriented, but share your read on the table (i.e. capping with garbage -- and what kind of garbage) with us before you ask for advice.

If the table was full of maniacs, then you played decently, but I still think that even with maniacs, you'll lose this more often than not.

Raise preflop. If you're confident the table is LAGgy and are confident in your postflop play, definitely raise this preflop.

Rob
Old 08-14-2004, 04:01 PM

Alright, thanks. I am new to twoplustwo and appreciate it..
Old 08-14-2004, 04:38 PM

Default Why raise?

The table was LAG and I thought that if I limped in UTG+1 it would be raised down the line. I didnt think 99 was a strong enough hand to raise in early possition. Also, I was under the impression that 99 barely wins unimproved thus making it favorable to be in a multiway pot. I dont know if this is correct though.