Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2004, 02:32 PM

Default ssh bb per hour

hi guys, how many bb per hour can a player expect to make after reading ssh? i am up about 100 big bets the last two weeks, averaging 4.35 bbs per hour. can i expect this to continue? i play party .5-1,
Old 08-14-2004, 02:50 PM

Default Re: ssh bb per hour

Four big bets an hour on a single table, even online, is unsustainable.
Old 08-15-2004, 12:06 AM

I have played in the past some 500 hours of full ring limit holdem 0.5-1 lowest limit at Paradise, Parties and some other places. At Paradise I won close to four big bets per hour (I only played one table) for 200 hours, then lost half of the winnings back during 100 hours (I suspect Paradise stacked against me as it looked so obvious). At Parties I played their extremely loose 0.5-1 full ring games for just 50 hours (plus some omaha-8 with same results, and I am an educated player, but I just did not either got hands preflop or I did not hit or I did not get there or I lost, but mostly I just did not make hands, so lost solidly of course); I lost solidly four or five big bets per hour (one table comparable; I played two tables), some $200. I think I was being cheated at Parties too though I know they have bigger fluctuations there, while I was playing my bonus but I never got a bonus from the many tries at Parties but just got my winnings and lost solidly the bonus amount during the bonus play. I have every time got a bonus at every other place (bit luck of course). The average of all these hours was a win of about one big bet per hour. One needs at least 1000 hours to draw any opinions about the average win amount of loose limit holdem full ring games, and in case one is being cheated additionally it becomes impossible.
Old 08-15-2004, 12:15 AM

Why on earth would you think the poker sites would risk their reputation and millions of dollars in rake income just to take a few hundred dollars from you and give it to someone else?
Old 08-15-2004, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and I am an educated player

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 08-15-2004, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Four big bets an hour on a single table, even online, is unsustainable.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is probably playing 4 tables at once. I play four tables at once and average about the same, and I know other players that do as well.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:31 PM

I also thought he meant per table, but I have 4300 hands at .50/1, with a BB/100 of 7.92 (4.78BB/hr/table). It's not worth for me it to prove whether or not that is sustainable, but I just figured the lowest limits on a site would have the most awful players and might just be beatable at a high rate.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have 4300 hands at .50/1, with a BB/100 of 7.92 (4.78BB/hr/table).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were getting 60 hands an hour in, that would be just over 70 hours of play.

This is nothing even close to statistically significant, not by a longshot.

Ironically, SO many people come on these forums and make claims that they're averaging 3,4,5 and sometimes even more BB/hour PER GAME playing limit holdem online. They are all simply fooling themselves (and those dumb enough to believe them). Their claims are simply not sustainable.

How about some more reasonable results, mine from 2000-2001:

I played 1200 hours of 3-6 over the course of two years, with an average of perhaps 35-40 hands per hour, we'll say 35. That's 42,000 hands. The players were absolutely terrible most of the time, and I averaged 1.2 big bets per hour. I played about 700 hours in that time frame of 4-8 as well, that's another 24,500 hands, and averaged 1.1 big bets per hour. I also beat 8-16 for about a big bet an hour, but had less than 50 hours those years. These were all full kill games with a $3 drop on the flop and no jackpot drop.

Notice the rake was higher than online, and I do tip $1 a pot for decent pots, rarely more, but there's something critical here that I want you, and everyone who reads this post, to see.

My results are HONEST and BELIEVEABLE.

Now I don't mean to attack you, but I hope you realize that when DS says a 4 bb/hour win rate is unsustainable, IT'S TRUE. Once you have many, many more hands, your results will even out to a more realistic win rate.

al
Old 08-15-2004, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The average of all these hours was a win of about one big bet per hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your honesty here adds to your credibility.

the cheating conspiracies for the 50c-1.00 level don't, you need to drop that line of thinking. Some cheating does occur online, but they usually get caught pretty quick, and usually try to cheat at much higher limits than this.

al
Old 08-15-2004, 04:54 PM

So in PT...the BB/100 rate if you play 4 tables needs to be divided by 4?

Guess I'm confused on what you guys are stating. Are you stating your rates in PT and timing them by the amount of tables you play to find the rate?