Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2004, 11:31 PM

Default end of rakeback deals?

On party's affiliate section they have a new list titled "DONT TRY IT"

Recently, party has cut down its expenses in all areas. They have fired the props (myself included), cancelled the account interest and raised the rake. Seems like a trend to me.

What is there biggest expense? Affiliates by a longshot. Whats the best way to cut costs of said affiliates? Make sure that each affiliate is abiding strictly to the affiliate T&C and shut down those that are not. There are two main areas that are being abused.

1. Playing under your own tracker. If you have several people signed up under you, it might be difficult for party to come after you. Here they run the risk of losing several players just to stop one person from getting their rakeback.

2. Rakeback schemes. If you are an affiliate that has 50 trackers, and only one signup under each one, how long after they decide to clean up their affiliate problem do you think your affiliate account will last? They are certainly not brilliant at Party, but anyone can figure this one out. If you are playing under a rakeback scheme, what happens to your account then?

Also, I guarantee that after the first couple rakeback accounts are closed, the slimy affiliates out there will say their account has been closed as well, even if has not.

Tuco.

*disclaimer* Im an affiliate. I dont do rakebacks. I dont want any of you to sign up under me.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:18 AM

Default Re: end of rakeback deals?

you were a prop for party? I didnt know party did props. Either way, sorry to hear its gone the way of the dodo
Old 08-14-2004, 01:25 AM

I had no idea either that they were still using props, how many do you think they'd have on at anytime time?

Instyle007
Old 08-14-2004, 07:39 AM

I had no idea either that they were still using props, how many do you think they'd have on at anytime time?

They stopped hiring new props around a year ago (possibly 18 months) but honoured the agreement with existing props.

They had A LOT (Sorry I can't be more specific, that's all I know) of props in the early days so I'm guessing that they had maybe 200 active props back then and that they probably still have over 100.

Again, these figures are pure guesswork based on bits I've picked up, but I suspect they are reasonable.

Lori
Old 08-14-2004, 08:36 AM

I think they only had about 40.About a year and half ago I counted all the emails addressess in one of the emails I was sent and if I remember correcty it was only around 40.I too was canned.Party has just gotten so big that they obviously don't need props or alot of they other perks they used to have -interest,deposit bonuses (alot fewer) etc.Its just a matter of time before they clean up the affiliate scammers.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:07 AM

I'm glad that there are more affiliates out there who honor the "no rakeback" agreement. I'm also one of them cause I aswell as you Tuco know it wont take long untill they start shutting down affiliates who are useing 'em.
Old 08-14-2004, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They had A LOT (Sorry I can't be more specific, that's all I know) of props in the early days so I'm guessing that they had maybe 200 active props back then and that they probably still have over 100.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the last year or so, there were only about 30 of us. Probably about 60 in the first couple years.

Tuco.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:26 PM

Why should party disallow this practice anyway? Is it because they could get the whole rake themselves? I know Part and it's mirror sites are the evil empire but their business practices are just downright greedy beyond belief.........
Old 08-14-2004, 10:48 PM

Why the heck would you resent rakeback agreements? Because you think fewer people will give you their free money?

Your personal chance of greater enrichment is not exactly something I think many people can get behind.

However, people having a chance to save some money on their rake is something pretty easy for everyone to get behind.

If you care more about yourself than everyone else, I understand, but I can't exactly get behind that or cheer you on. You sure sound self-righteous and vindictive about it.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why the heck would you resent rakeback agreements?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please quote from my post where it says that I resent anything.

[ QUOTE ]
Because you think fewer people will give you their free money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you miss the part where I said that I DONT want any of you to sign up under me?

[ QUOTE ]
However, people having a chance to save some money on their rake is something pretty easy for everyone to get behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Myself included. I don't blame people who do it at all. In fact, I wish I did when I originally opened my account.

[ QUOTE ]
If you care more about yourself than everyone else, I understand,

[/ QUOTE ]

Who doesn't?

[ QUOTE ]
You sure sound self-righteous and vindictive about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You misunderstood. Im not either. I'm just trying to give people who don't see the signals party is sending out a heads-up that their accounts (both affiliate and player) are in jeopardy if they break the T&C. Their recent actions point to a crackdown on affiliates.

Tuco.