Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2004, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Any way out of this?

[ QUOTE ]
The button underplayed his pocket 9's (straight flush draw) by a bunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I agree with that statement. On the flop, he's got an OESD (with two of those outs giving him TEH NUTS). But he will make 2 players call 2 cold by raising your flop bet, so I don't think this is an obvious "underplay." Further, even if he hits his straight, or a non-straight flush, he could easily be beaten by a higher flush (someone like you holding a naked A or K of hearts) by the river.

Same deal on the turn. I think a flat-call is appropriate here.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:55 PM

Maybe I need to adjust my thinking towards PT's analysis, but Button was 53% at the flop, and he already had two callers, so I think a raise was in order. With two cards to come, he has 15 outs to start, which makes him a favorite. Even discounting heavily, two callers is enough to collect a value bet.
Old 08-13-2004, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I need to adjust my thinking towards PT's analysis, but Button was 53% at the flop, and he already had two callers, so I think a raise was in order. With two cards to come, he has 15 outs to start, which makes him a favorite. Even discounting heavily, two callers is enough to collect a value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps... but if raising is better, it's not so much better that his play was out of line.

Sorry... I'm just nitpicking.

Also, he doesn't have the benefit of knowing what everyone's hand is, and that he's a 53% favorite on the flop. If I were him, I would just be thinking that making a straight may or may not be good with three hearts out already, and I wouldn't be thrilled with a 9 high flush on a four flush board.