Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2004, 04:19 AM

Default Slow down?

I've seen Villain 3-bet and cap a flush draw, so I don't give him much credit, but should I have slowed down even with top two pair in fear of a set?

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (26.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 34.50 BB
Old 08-13-2004, 04:28 AM

Default Re: Slow down?

He just saw you cap it on two streets, so I'd definitely slow down by the time you're at the river. I'd just call the river bet. I'm kind of torn on capping the flop. On one hand you have a good holding, on the other you don't really want to bloat the pot, and nobody with a flush draw is going anywhere. When the turn improves your hand and isn't a flush/strait card I like the raise, but again I think you just call the 3-bet, and check/call the river. Villain 3-betting and capping a flush draw on flops is playing correctly, btw. A9 is equally as likely as a set for a lot of crazy players at .5/1. Unless he's a total nutjob though, I think you lost to a set.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:32 AM

Well this is 0.02/0.04 limit, there the players are even worse then at party 0.50/1 and they dont care for losing. I think you should just call down the river though.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:42 AM

I would call the flop 3-bet, then cap the turn and just call the river.

k
Old 08-13-2004, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain 3-betting and capping a flush draw on flops is playing correctly, btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

He did it on the turn, too. Heads up. With only king high. And died a beautiful death.

I gave this guy credit for holding two cards, no more, no less. If he had a set, he had a set, but I wasn't slowing down unless he flipped over his cards right in front of me and screamed "I have a set!"
Old 08-13-2004, 04:50 AM

Good flop cap, very good turn cap.

This is .02/.04, heck he might have A6, A9. yes he could also have a set.

Since you have seen him capping flush draws, the flop cap is good from you.

Turn, with Top two you have to cap too.

When he bets into you again in the river, this is when you have to decide whether to raise or just call. I don't think raising is bad, punishing him for lower two-pair, but I would also think calling is fine if you really fear a set.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:05 AM

I usualy slowdown with 2-pair after I get 3-bet on the turn. Unless hes a total nutjob, he likely had a set to give all that action.

I don't thnk the turn cap is awful with the 3rd player hanging around, but I think you need to just call the river bet.