Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2004, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Getting Absolutely Destroyed. Help Please

hang in there packer , you can do it [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

blubster
Old 08-12-2004, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you should remember how hard it is to be sure you can beat a game - and dont forget it when you are

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn Strip you went waaayyyy deep on me on that one. I've read this a dozen times now and Im still not sure I get it. (lmao [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Does this mean after "only" 8 mos and 100,000+ hands I still should not be so sure I can really beat this game?

Or does it mean I shouldn't forget that I've been beating this game for a good rate for an extended period of time and the last week doesn't really mean squat and just keep beating the monkeys over the head with the rusted wrench?

Excuse me now I feel like I must go meditate to achieve your level of poker conciousness...repeating your manta....Raise....Raise....Raise....Ohmmm... Raise.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Pack

PS- Re: the 260 hands we've played this month. Please, please dont tell me that you are "BBBarry", cause Im mighty sick of his amazing suckout ability as a post-flop raising goofball. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Bad enough I have to deal with the soopersuckouts from the guys playing 50+% of their hands now I get it from 26% guys too!
Old 08-12-2004, 02:49 PM

There is no "h" in Om. Maybe this is where your leak is? If you have trouble with Om you think of Aum instead, or go for the CR of mantras - Om Mane Padme Om. Alternatively, get a girl who can give you head massage as you play.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2004, 03:27 PM

If you have the bankroll to take the hit just take a day or two off or even a week if you are under bankrolled move down.......... Yeah it's whacked but 2/3 off clowns have their days too.........
Old 08-12-2004, 06:16 PM

Accidently I came over this 10 days old post.
Author? Yourself.

Maybe this helps [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
The game doesn't take in to account that you're relatively new at this. 100-200 BB swings are part of 6max, whether you've played 10,000 hands or 100,000 hands. If you're not well capitalized, or just uncomfortable with the swings - 6 max isn't for you on a mental/emotional level (and thats...ok. )

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-12-2004, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn Strip you went waaayyyy deep on me on that one. I've read this a dozen times now and Im still not sure I get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

it didnt seem that complex - in practical terms if you have 100,000 hands of beating a game for say 2BB's+/100 hands then unless the game changes significantly you will beat it - you should feel like a wanker if you start to question that just because you lose a bunch of cash

[ QUOTE ]
Re: the 260 hands we've played this month. Please, please dont tell me that you are "BBBarry", cause Im mighty sick of his amazing suckout ability as a post-flop raising goofball.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i wont tell you - i think its actually BBbarry - i did explain in a recent post that i am the suckout king - i have only seen schneids surpass my amazing capacity to suckout

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 08-12-2004, 11:10 PM

Default Mantra question

[ QUOTE ]
the CR of mantras - Om Mane Padme Om.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have zero training in this but for some reason, somewhere, sometime in the past I learned this as Om Mane Padme Siti Om. Of course I have no idea if Siti is spelled correctly. Is mine a variation?
Old 08-13-2004, 07:05 AM

Default Re: Mantra question

Yes. It depends on the deity of the week....