Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2004, 05:27 PM

Default Splashing around

Party 10/20 6-max, 6-handed.

Everyone limps to me on the button and I limp with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB raises (this means a real hand), ultra aggro BB 3-bets (this could be any two cards 9 or above or any pair). UTG coldcalls, UTG+1 folds, CO coldcalls, I coldcall, and SB calls. 5 to the flop for 16sb.

The flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB bets, BB calls, folded to me and I call. Three to the turn for 9.5 BB.

The turn is 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB bets, BB calls, I call.

The river is a blank and they check to me. I bet.

Suicidal? And I'm not talking about the river bet.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Splashing around

The preflop call is fine but the flop call is pretty bad. It looks like you hit a 2-outer that will sometimes be a zero-outer.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:10 PM

Abandon this hand on the flop. SB raised an entire field out of position. How many hands will he do that with that you can beat?
Old 08-13-2004, 04:23 AM

I would fold to the pre-flop 3-bet and fold on the flop. I'd also usually just fold it pre-flop in the first place, but I don't think calling that on the button when everyone's in is a big problem.
Old 08-13-2004, 05:13 AM

Yeah, what I figured I'd hear. I suck. I really thought SB had an underpair to the aces, JJ or thereabouts. BB was routinely betting and raising and 3-betting on the turn with nothing, so I thought SB would get scared and check the turn. BB would bet his JT or whatever and I could raise and knock out SB. Just getting too fancy and being a retard.

Anyway, SB bet the turn and when BB just called, I knew he didn't have an ace. SB either has AK or another big pair. When they checked to me, I knew it was the latter.

I bet and got called by SB's QQ. BB thought for a long time and folded. I'm sure I deservedly ended up on some buddy lists for this one.
Old 08-13-2004, 05:19 AM

i dont mind the pre-flop although i usually wouldnt bother - i probably fold to the 3 bet pre-flop but i'm not here often enough to know - i think calling the flop is about the only call i'm likely to make - the backdoor flush buy + some chance a 6 is clean is close but i think enough for me to look at the turn

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 08-13-2004, 07:17 AM

If you are regularly getting raised or 3-bet by aggro in the BB (this hand) then you are going to have to ditch implied-odds hands like this PF. You really have to limp these cheap for them to be +EV, IMO.