Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2004, 06:33 PM

Default Busting a trash-talking maniac

My first hand at the table I took this guy's buyin with QK (flop 9KK) against his A7 (he reraised me all-in on flop). A couple hands before this he raised to 6xBB preflop with 34s and caught a straight on the river, blah blah bad beat etc (not vs me) table hates him, he thinks he rules, the usual maniac. Right before this hand he says "I'm raising next hand no matter what."

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 max, 6 handed)

CO ($47)
Button ($59.75)
Hero ($108.75)
BB <font color="purple">(Maniac)</font> ($68)
UTG ($60.80)
MP ($40.45)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB <font color="purple">(Maniac)</font> raises to $5</font>, CO calls $4, Button calls $4, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($20) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Maniac bets $10</font>, CO folds, Button calls $10, Hero calls $10.

Turn: ($50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Maniac bets $30</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $93.75 (All-In)</font>, Maniac calls $23 (All-In).

River: ($196.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $196.75

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 5h 5d (full house, fives full of sixes).
Maniac shows 7d 6d (three of a kind, sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins $196.75. </font>
Old 08-11-2004, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Busting a trash-talking maniac

Nice work. Just out of curiosity, why raise to 2xBB with a small pocket pair? I see people make these minraises preflop all the time and can never figure out what they hope to achieve. The fact that you know the maniac is going to raise behind you seems to make it even worse.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:39 PM

Not actually waiting for answers, I guess.
But nice work busting him.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:40 AM

I actually wondered to myself why I minraised right after I did it. Just a mistake I guess.