Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2004, 09:02 PM

Default Huge Pot, What Do I Do?

SB is totally insane. Has a 80% VP$IP, goes to showdown 60%, raises 36% of the time, and it taking a total beating, a good deal at my expense, hehe.

MP3 seems to be a decent player, a bit too tight. Seen this player raise three times, twice showed AKo, third time didn't show (in about 150 hands, raised three times prior to this hand). Very tight/passive preflop, pretty aggressive after the flop.

CO has a 70% VP$IP and could have anything.

BB has a 75% VP$IP could also have anything.

What a great table, I wish it had stayed together but as those guys left, rocks came to the table due to the huge pots we were playing.

I am utg with KK.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

SBs cap does not concern me, but MP3s three bet makes me think AA, AK or QQ (and I guess the other KK but unlikely). So many limpers make me afraid of sets, but this is gonna be a big pot, must win it at all costs.

Flop: (20 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

MP3 three betting now makes me scared that he has aces, but he could definitely have QQ also. Normally the paired twos would be good for me, but at this table, who knows. If someone is in this hand with a two, I shall take my beating. Should I have capped it here? With five people in for three bets, I have to question whether I am ahead at the moment.

Turn: (17.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Ugh, the Q. I am not sure where I stand with the 70+VP$IP guys, but I really can't think of a way that I am ahead of MP3 now if my read on him is correct, but I want to make him face two bets to be sure. Huge pot, I really want it.

His call of my raise makes me think that Q scared him. Maybe I misread him and he has JJ.

SB three betting threw me for a loop. Does this jackass have a 2? He could easily have it. I see no reason to raise him here, I really think he has may have me beat now and I need a K to win, but he may be on a draw. Geesh, does he have 53? It really wouldn't surprise me if BB or CO had 53, or even 42 for that matter.

River: (30.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Nice card, just what I wanted to see. The overcard, straight card, and the flush card. Should I give it up? I cannot be ahead, not even 1/30 can I? Ugh, and the raise, can I call the raise? The pot is so big, eh, why not...

Final Pot: 36.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 36.50 BB, between MP3, SB and Hero.</font>

What do you think MP3 had (tight/passive preflop, aggressive postflop) and what did BB have (total maniac)?

Gojacketz
Old 08-10-2004, 09:27 PM

Default Re: Huge Pot, What Do I Do?

I still don't put sb on a 5-3 or anything small... he's got face...

his three-bet on the turn screams Q, but his slow-down on the A means he doesn't have AQ... it seems ludicrous but KQ? hopefully suited?

I might still like MP3 for AA if you think he respects you enough to have put you on Q's (but if he did why just call after you failed to cap?)

I think you hafta revert to AK... his flop 3-bet could be nothing more than an isolation attempt against you and a possible bluffer (SB), or just the two of you... he slows down after that, and still has overcards and INCREDIBLE odds to chase straight through 'til the river, where: you show weakness in face of the ace and sb is a maniac who didn't cap the flop so doesn't have AA himself, so he's gotta figure the only hand sb could have that beats him is AQ (and he knows his ace beats what he must now figure for KK's) and he's loose enough to be playing a lot of other Q's that don't come with an A... so he raises on the river after slowing down because he's pretty certain he's got the best hand
Old 08-10-2004, 09:30 PM

that said... you should have capped the turn.... you were probably ahead losing only to AA which looks like it wasn't out there (or... most hair-brained scenario: sb had AA the whole way and somehow got scared off his rivered set by the flush draw when MP reraised, which would be preposterous and require some ridiculous leaps of logic.... but I suppose that's as far-fetched as I'm willing to realize)
Old 08-11-2004, 10:22 AM

SB was crazier than I thought, I was going through some of his plays in Pokertracker and he would three bet with K4 and board of 4892 against players who had shown aggression the whole way.

I thought about capping the turn, but to be honest, I don't see what it accomplishes. SB probably has a 2, and I still think MP3 has AA or QQ and slowed down when he hit the full house on the turn perhaps, trying not to run CO and SB out of this pot and get two bets from both of them. I most likely have to improve to win this hand, though there is still the slight possibility that MP3 has JJ and slowed down with the overcard.

Gojacketz