Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2004, 10:30 PM

Default 9/18 - T7o in the BB and a turn decision

Lucky Chances 9/18. Good game, but not outstanding.

To set the stage, I had a great run of cards early in the session, leading up to this hand. So I've been raising pre-flop a lot. And pushing post-flop a lot. Unfortunately, I haven't won a single showdown. Several times, I bet and raised throughout a hand, only to muck at showdown when shown a better hand that was played passively. So my table image is pretty loose-aggressive at this point.

The pinnacle of my LAG image occured several orbits before this hand, when a short-stacked player openraised from CO-1. Folded to me in the BB with AQs. I 3-bet. He 4-bets. Because of his short-stack, I 5-bet. He 6-bets all-in. The final board ends up being KJxxx. He flips over pocket 3s and says "you got me". I laugh and say "nope, pockets 3s are good" and muck. The whole table looks at me like I'm nuts.

Anyways, here's the hand:

I'm in the BB with T7o. Four limpers, SB folds and I get a rare chance to check my option.

Flop is AT5r. Its checked to the button, who bets. I check-raise. Limpers all drop and button calls.

Turn is another Ace. I bet and the button raises.

I don't have a very good read on the button - I've never played with him before. He's not outrageously loose, but not tight either. I haven't seen him get out of line, but I haven't seen him in action too often. I'm not sure how tricky he can be.

Call down or fold here?
Old 08-07-2004, 10:40 PM

Default Re: 9/18 - T7o in the BB and a turn decision

Pot has only 4 SB in it fold the flop
Old 08-07-2004, 11:45 PM

Default Re: 9/18 - T7o in the BB and a turn decision

[ QUOTE ]
Flop is AT5r. Its checked to the button, who bets. I check-raise. Limpers all drop and button calls.

Turn is another Ace. I bet and the button raises.

I don't have a very good read on the button - I've never played with him before. He's not outrageously loose, but not tight either. I haven't seen him get out of line, but I haven't seen him in action too often. I'm not sure how tricky he can be.

Call down or fold here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not all buttons bet because of their position. They may actually have a hand.

I'm not a big fan of the check-raise here with 2nd pair crappy kicker. I'd rather call and see what develops on the turn. The fact that he called your check-raise should say that he has something.

That said, once the 2nd A appears, the button most certainly has an A when he raises (at least), and I think the gig is up. He knows you don't have an A. Just muck it and move on with life.

Garland