Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2004, 03:08 AM

Default Craziest back-to-back hands ever

Normally I wouldn't post just another bad beat story, but in this case, it was followed the very next hand by my biggest win ever.
UB 3/6, 10 players.

HAND #1: BAD BEAT

Hero in BB w/ T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
1 caller, then raised, 4 cold-callers, Hero call, 1st better calls.
Flop comes 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (my eyes bulge), I check, waiting for the CR on the flop. Unfortunately, it's checked through
turn comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], figure i better lead out, all fold to late position, who raises, I re-raise, he calls.
River comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], completing my Ts full of 2s, pot size is already 16BBs, I lead out, it gets capped, and you already know the end of this story. Other guy takes down 22BB pot ($132) with quad 2s.

At this point, I'm mouth agape still catching my breath...

HAND #2: BIGGEST WIN (NOW IT'S A KILL GAME 6/12 stakes, so i guess it was actually 2 hands after that bad beat, not back-to-back)

Hero is CO w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
EP1 calls, EP2 raises, folded to MP2 who calls, Hero calls, Button calls, both blinds fold.
Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Checked to PFR, who bets, I call, Button raises, both EPs fold, PFR calls, I call.
Turn comes A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], PFR checks, I bet, button raises, (i'm now thinking AK or trip 6s...?), PFR calls, I call.
River comes A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] PFR checks, I bet, button raises (??) PFR calls, I re-raise, button caps (??????), PFR and I both call. I win $306 w/ AAAAK. Both PFR and button turn over KT
Old 08-06-2004, 04:09 AM

Default Re: Craziest back-to-back hands ever

First hand is a Bad beat but trip duckies are not folding.
Second hand, why call 2 cold with that cheese?
Old 08-06-2004, 04:31 AM

Because the fools are raising with even cheesier hands
Old 08-06-2004, 04:55 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

you would've won them both if you bet the flop in hand 1.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:09 AM

RIGGED!
Old 08-06-2004, 09:34 AM

i thought a bad beat was when a player should never have called a bet but because he did he caught a miracle or 2.

I don't htink it was a mistake going for CR in hand one
Old 08-06-2004, 09:35 AM

It happens. Next hand.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:37 AM

Yup, I know i woulda won them had I bet the flop (maybe not though, the pot was already large on the flop...pair of deuces might have stayed for one more bet to catch a miracle on that ragged board.
Also, I guess technically, the 1st is not really a bad beat (which I require to mean that the other guy played it like a retard and shouldn't have been in the hand in the first place; frankly he played it perfectly -- only fishy play was coldcalling a preflop EP raise with ducks -- ...I was just freakin shocked by the staggering odds against).

2nd hand: you're right: flop coldcall was marginal, but there were many others in already, A8s call isn't terrible.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you would've won them both if you three bet preflop, then bet the flop in hand 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]