Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2004, 11:17 PM

Default Party Bonus clearing

Ok, so it is raked hands played. So, you can basically sit at the lowest limit and play like a rock and clear the bonus.

My question is:
Why do you not get credit for playing in SNG's and Multi's? I know Stars gives you credit for this, and I thought UB did too, but it has been a while. Party claims it is a fee, and not a rake, to which I say bull cocky. I would personally much rahter play a tourney than sit at a ring game, but if I do that, I can not clear any bonus at all. I think everyone should email them and voice their displeasure. (I already did)
Old 08-05-2004, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Party Bonus clearing

man up and play some ring games
Old 08-05-2004, 11:27 PM

I do, but you missed my point. I do not really like ring games all that much. I would personally never touch one, if I could avoid it. I am comfortable playing tournaments, and it is a totally different style of play.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:30 PM

I think your missing something here. Party doesn't have to give us [censored]. You are right about just playing low limits and clearing the bonus. So, unless you can lose $100 at .50/1 before clearing your bonus it's basicly free money. Party takes their cut from the rake. They don't charge a rake in tourneys or sit and gos. So why would they count it as a raked hand.

Maybe one day UNICEF will get involved. Until then we'll just have to go about getting our free money the inconvenient way.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so it is raked hands played. So, you can basically sit at the lowest limit and play like a rock and clear the bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]
Or you can play a solid aggressive game and make more money in the process.

[ QUOTE ]

My question is:
Why do you not get credit for playing in SNG's and Multi's?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because then you wouldn't play ring games.
[ QUOTE ]

I know Stars gives you credit for this, and I thought UB did too, but it has been a while.

[/ QUOTE ]
Stars is the "tournament" site. That's what they sell their site on, and their ring games blow because of it. Party knows they can make more raking ring games, so they do.
[ QUOTE ]

Party claims it is a fee, and not a rake, to which I say bull cocky.

[/ QUOTE ]
hehe. bull cocky. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]

I would personally much rahter play a tourney than sit at a ring game, but if I do that, I can not clear any bonus at all. I think everyone should email them and voice their displeasure. (I already did)

[/ QUOTE ]
They really don't care. Your protest, along with the protest of pretty much everyone on this board, won't overcome the silence of tens of thousands of fish hammering away at ring games.

Also, when they give away money, they can do it how ever they want. A bonus at ring games is better than no bonus at all.

"It's good to be the king"
Old 08-06-2004, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party takes their cut from the rake. They don't charge a rake in tourneys or sit and gos.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, but they charge an entry fee. They make money when you play tourneys, too.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:42 AM

Has anyone actually calculated whether they take more from you in rake than they give you in bonus? I imagine this is the case. If so, really all you're really getting is a rake rebate. If you don't like ring games, is it worth it?

Having said that, I clear most bonuses with one evening of four tabling [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2004, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They make money when you play tourneys, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm all too aware of that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The rake vs, bonus question depends on the players skill level (tightness), stakes played, etc. However, they charge the same rake wether you have a pending bonus or not. So why not get some of it back? To answer your question, I can't say if anyone has made the calculation but can say that the results would be very independent.

If you're a losing player or don't like ring games it is probably not worth it. But why do you play? Fun? Then go on in your tourneys and enjoy them. Forget all about that bonus thing. Money? Well if you keep yourself a winning to minimal loss player at a .50/1 table for around 350 raked hands, good business says, "Do it. Do it".
Old 08-06-2004, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone actually calculated whether they take more from you in rake than they give you in bonus? I imagine this is the case. If so, really all you're really getting is a rake rebate. If you don't like ring games, is it worth it?

Having said that, I clear most bonuses with one evening of four tabling [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I cleared the bonus in two days, I played probably a few more hands than I needed to. I paid 53.75 in rake. So the hundred bucks is a bit more than a mere rake-back.

As an added bonus, I also made 92.34 BB's independently of the bonus. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

--Zetack