Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2004, 11:37 AM

Default 100 $100 sng\'s in 20 days

I’ve taken a hiatus from sng’s lately focusing more on my MTT play as well as NL cash games. In the past sng’s were a huge source of my bankroll (close to 85%), but I’ve had success in my MTT play as well as the NL cash tables that I’ve stepped back or almost completely cut off sng’s altogether. I decided to make this challenge to get me going again. My goal is to achieve a 35% ROI a little short of my past ROI of 41%, but reasonable enough for someone who’s been away from sng’s for a while. I’ll be playing exclusively on Party, probably playing 2 hours a day with 2 tables running at the same time. My goal is to finish this challenge in 20 days. I’ll officially start tonight, and post updates every couple of days. If anyone else wants to give it a shot let me know, I think a little friendly competition would be good.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:28 PM

Default Days 1 and 2.

So far I’m off to a good start, played 7 and got in the money 3 times. One thing I’ve noticed it that the skill level at $100 level has drastically gone up since I stopped playing them. Bubble time has been good to me so far, in my first sng I was the short stack at the table with 900 and blinds of 100/200 I pushed utg with AK and got called by both blinds who had over 2600 each they both had AQ and my AK took down the pot. Even with the tougher play you can still find one or two maniacs in every table. Here’s an example.

Blinds 25/50. I’m utg with 1050 and raise 150 with black kings. I get called by chip leader in lp, blinds fold. The flop comes. Ah Kd Jh.

I bet out 250, and he calls.

The turn is Qc.

I bet 200, and he calls.

The river is Qs.

I bet 200, he puts me all in. He shows Q6o.

Hope I can sustain my ROI number, but I know it’s likely to drop as I continue playing more of these.

Total played: 7
ITM: 3
1st-2
2nd-0
3rd-1
ROI: 57%
Old 07-29-2004, 12:47 PM

Default Re: 100 $100 sng\'s in 20 days

good luck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2004, 01:10 PM

Default Halfway update.

At the halfway point now, and happy to say I’m on target to hit my ROI number. I know I said that I’ll play exclusively on Party, but I’ve been giving poker stars $100 turbos a shot, and like those a lot. My numbers could be a lot better but I’ve been on a tilt and have to calm down. I don’t think I’ve ever been rivered by so many two outters in my entire life as I’ve been in the past couple days. I know I have to tone it down on the aggression factor, especially in these turbos where patience is very important.

Total played: 62
ITM: 26
1ST: 12
2ND: 9
3RD: 4
ROI: 38%
Old 08-05-2004, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Halfway update.

what are turbos? how are they different?
Old 08-05-2004, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Halfway update.

[ QUOTE ]
what are turbos? how are they different?

[/ QUOTE ]

Accelerated blind structures. All-in fests most of the time, though that is only from my experience on Ladbrokes. Perhaps other sites are different. I avoid them!