Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2004, 03:17 PM

Default monitor advice

Right now i have a normal 17", but I'm thinking of going to a nice flat screen, for quality and space reasons. Also i'm hoping LCD or higher quality might be better on my eyes if I play alot. any advice on how to attempt to not f@ck up my eyes by playing too much? I've looked at best buy and places like that, but i know that there must be way better deals online. can somebody please direct me to somewhere good to look...also does anybody have experience playing dual monitor, with 5-6 tables? I know this is a dumb ?, but what is the feature called on a video card that allows for dual monitor support? also any links to cheap cards with this feature would be welcomed.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:27 PM

Default Re: monitor advice

The Dell 2001fp is the most recommended monitor here. Good price and 1600x1200 resolution (1600x1200 is definitely what you want).

The cheapest way to add a 2nd monitor is to buy a PCI card and install it in addition to your normal video card - this is what I did for my 3rd monitor. If you want one card with dual outputs, the feature is usually called something along the lines of "Dual integrated display controllers".
Old 08-05-2004, 03:40 PM

Default Re: monitor advice

You can handle 4 tables on a 17inch monitor if you get it compatible with 1600*1200 resolution, which means handling frequencies of fH 75kHZ and fV 60Hz, but it would probably do your eyes in more

You can get some good 2nd hand deals on ebay, otherwise just google and look through the catalogs, buying monitors not really that involve. Once you found a model simply go to the www.kelkoo.com and compare all the prices.

"...also does anybody have experience playing dual monitor, with 5-6 tables? but what is the feature called on a video card that allows for dual monitor support?"

multi-monitor compatible, checkout the Matrox MMS video cards www.matrox.com, who are the leaders in the Multimonitor cards.

If you can't buy new. Lots of bargains on Ebay.