Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2004, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Dumb WPT question.

[ QUOTE ]
They sit there to make it look like it's happening in real time. Sexton did a Q&A at Foxwoods during the WPT event and said that the producers want people to think it's a live event. That's why they refuse to put hand numbers or a clock on the screen. They don't want it to be obvious that the show is taped and edited.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean to say they have all that time to formulate a commentary and still come out with the same cliche and drivel?

I have looked several times to see if there's a glass screen for sound-proofing, but couldn't see anything, so I came to this conclusion too.

Re: the editing of the final table action, I suspected this from the first ever episode I saw, as there are just too many premium hands for it not to be edited, but I'd be interested in seeing just what proportion of hands are left out of the final edit (on average).

Let's face it, aside from the on-table action, the only good thing is Shana Hiatt... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]