Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2004, 09:22 AM

Default Re: 10,500 hand mark at .5/1. - PokerTracker stats - comments appreci

Thanks everyone for the replies. This is basically what I would like to do. I really do not feel that I am loose PF at all. I play premium hands. I keep a good eye on my position, and obviously loosen up as I approach the button, but not really all that much.

I probably do NOT raise enough. After I took the 150BB downsing, and came back (in fine fashion I might add) to hit 500BB for .5/1., and then tried 1/2 and lost to around $180 in a week, I was very weak. That one took me pretty hard, and honestly, I was unprepared mentally for it. So I really got conservative (after taking a few weeks off [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] ).

I DO need to look at raising more PF (but this will not change my VP$IP # at all I wouldn't think, I would need to tighten up for this to occur, correct? And this # is for all possible actions, not only PF right?)

I also don't feel I'm getting maximum value out of my good draws. I do a lot of calling with a draw (ie Do I have the 2:1 required to draw to the flush? Do I have the now 4:1 to continue to draw to it? Do I have the 5:1 to continue to draw to my OESD? etc.) I need to recognize what the "ram & jam" draws are (some help here?) and then play them accordingly.

Thanks again for all the insight fellas.

Rob
Old 08-05-2004, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I also don't feel I'm getting maximum value out of my good draws. I do a lot of calling with a draw (ie Do I have the 2:1 required to draw to the flush? Do I have the now 4:1 to continue to draw to it?

[/ QUOTE ]

This assumption seems to be creeping into some threads and I want to clarify it. When looking at pot odds on the flop, you look at the odds for your next card, not for your next two cards--not by how likely you are to hit by the river.

So a flush draw is 4-1 on the flop not 2-1. And a gutshot is around 11-1 not 5.5-1 etc etc etc. This is important because if you make this mistake you will be chasing far to frequently and it will cost you money.

--Zetack
Old 08-05-2004, 10:59 AM

To add to what Zetack said..

Do I have the 2:1 required to draw to the flush?

The 2:1 on the flop is used to determine if you have the odds to BET/RAISE the pot for value on the flop with your flush draw, not to decide whether to CALL/FOLD (draw) to the later streets.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:18 AM

Default Re: 10,500 hand mark at .5/1. - PokerTracker stats - comments appreciated

[ QUOTE ]

Went to SD: 27.6% - <font color="red"> too low </font>

Won $ at SD: 57.8% - <font color="red"> this is prolly about right </font>

River: 2.44

for a .82 Agg factor overall - <font color="red"> river aggresion shouldn't be that high comapred to others </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Notes Nottom -

The way I interpret these numbers as a whole is that our Hero is only wanting to show down the mortal nuts - and is able to have a high aggression factor, low WSD%, and what looks a tad high W$SD(imo 55% is where you want it)numbers.

Hero may be missing showing down potential winners.

I also note that I think there is a definate relationship between Voluntariy put in flop - and won when saw the flop. - as others said - looks like you are seeing to many flops, and then bailing on them on the flop - so either you aren't exploiting flops that are potentially winners, or you need to hunker down on your starting hand requirements.

However your BB/100 hands is astounding IMO - so your definately getting your moneys worth on the hands your choosing to take to showdown.

Search for Pokertracker stats, by MS Sunshine - IMO he is the resident expert.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]