Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2004, 11:32 PM

Default Re: A10s/AJs in the sb/bb

mnt's post is unclear. in his post he said from the SB but in the title it says A10s/AJs in the SB/BB

So from the BB AJo/ATo I gather Peter is saying you have the odds and from the SB Taz is saying you don't have the odds.

blubster
Old 08-05-2004, 01:46 AM

Im sry my post was rather unclear, the title was correct however as I meant to ask how play of the same cards on the BB would be diff.

Sry for the confusion and thanks for the unput

Evan
Old 08-05-2004, 04:23 AM

offsuited i will call for a raise.

So you call a legitimate raise with ATo and AJo out of position? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

If there is no raise - i would raise _everytime_ such hands as well as KQo, KJo, KTs+, QJs+

Doesn't the number of opponents make any difference? I do raise KQo after 2 limpers but not more. KJo only after 1 limper, same with KTs, QTs and QJs.

Guido
Old 08-05-2004, 04:30 AM

Are you sane? Vs 77/AJo/A9s/KQo/KJs i have more than 1:3 to call obviously.

I don't agree with you. What about AKs, AKo, AQo, AQs, AJs, ATs, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT? Those are ligitimate raises from UTG or UTG+1. Most players don't have the same raising standards as you do. You also don't have position and don't forget he said an UTG or UTG+1 raise.

Guido
Old 08-05-2004, 04:34 AM

Ok, it seems you were talking about the BB. Then I call too.

Guido
Old 08-05-2004, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AKs, AKo, AQo, AQs, AJs, ATs, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT

[/ QUOTE ]

If so i would call also. Maybe it's too loose but i like to be loose [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I think he well nearly always pay me off till river when i hit higher pair (J or A against TT, A against KK-TT, J against AK,AQ,AT). Yes i will pay him off when A flops and we both have A or he has AA and or the miracle A falls but it's not so often if we both have A usually (89% of time) A don't flops and i can easily fold. Also - don't forget 'bout my flush ability which can gather many chips HU.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play mostly empire/party 5/10 6 max. However I am still learning and have lots to learn about shorthanded play.

If you are in the sb and hold hands like A10s and AJs under what circumstances are you raising this hand. For instance, 1st in I will always raise these hands, but how about with one limper?

Two limpers?

How do you play if pot already raised?

EDIT- How would changing these hands too off suit change your play?

Sry if these are dumb questions and thanks for your time.

Evan

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's how I would play them most of the time:

SB - with 1 limper, I probably raise.
With two or more, I limp to see a flop, in this situation I am probably going to make a fair amount when an Ace flops since there is a good chance I will get paid off by a weaker ace. I don't like raising with multiple limpers since they will call one more bet; if I miss the flop I'm hosed, if I hit I likely won't get any action.
First in I raise.
Against a raise it really depends. Where the raise came from, how many limpers pre or post raise, who raised, etc. all play into my decision. I can think of common scenarios where I call (e.g. early raise + a couple of limpers, maybe I sneak in), fold (e.g. early position raise from a tight player), reraise (e.g. late first in with a raise from an aggressive player)

From the BB
With one limper I usually pop this.
With two or more I check for the same reasons above.
I will usually call a single raise here, unless only the raiser is in AND he is a tight player.
I reraise as per above.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:16 AM

I thought you were talking about ATo and AJo, at least you said so. I don't mind a cold call with AJs or ATs that much. Also I'm a little surprised that you say that you can throw the hand easily away when you don't hit your A. That would be the first time I see you throw a hand away that easy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. You also pay him of when you hit an J and he has AA-JJ.

I don't get the flush ablity part when we were talking about ATo and AJo not suited.

Thanks,

Guido