Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2004, 01:15 AM

Default QJs in MP

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Typical Party Table.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, UTG calls.

After reviewing this hand, I'm not sure I should bet this flop.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (5.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.25 BB, between UTG and CO.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:02 AM

Default Re: QJs in MP

Raise it PF
Old 08-05-2004, 04:21 AM

this is a PF raise, you don't have to be compelled to bet the flop. I used to have trouble with QJs which was ironed out by microers.

Raise PF and check the flop, call one bet and fold the turn unimproved, i'd say [no draws emerge].

I've realised the way to make money with QJs is to fold it for 2BB when behind and win 12BB when ahead.

Regards,
Pete Harris
Old 08-05-2004, 09:15 AM

cartoonsoldier:

[ QUOTE ]
Raise it PF

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to say raising is wrong, but I may limp depending on my read of the UTG limper and the looseness of the players yet to act.

--Rico
Old 08-05-2004, 10:01 AM

If the pot were smaller, I would say the flop bet was worth a try against (2) other people, with kind of a ragged flop. However with 7.5SB already in, you probably are not going to take the pot there.

The COs raise could have meant alot of things. I guess in your case I would assume that at least (1) of your overcards is dead.

With no help on the turn or the river, I think this is a good fold. I would have also folded to a bet on the turn.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cartoonsoldier:

[ QUOTE ]
Raise it PF

[/ QUOTE ]
Not to say raising is wrong, but I may limp depending on my read of the UTG limper and the looseness of the players yet to act.

--Rico

[/ QUOTE ]--Rico

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I have mixed emotions on raising PF to. Because really I think of QJs as more of a drawing hand, and am kind of tempted to let people in behind me. If he were the first one in, I would say raise pf, or if there were already a bunch in and there was a chance to get the button I would raise.. but in this situation I think you are almost welcoming company.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:08 AM

What read on the UTG limper?

Raise it PF, so you can lead out the flop. What is he going to get otherwise from betting a semi-decent flop when he would clearly not hold the best hand as in this situation?
Old 08-05-2004, 10:27 AM

Default Results

UTG shows 8h 5h (two pair, sevens and fives).
CO shows Ks As (two pair, aces and sevens).
Outcome: CO wins 9.25 BB.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:45 AM

Cartoonsoldier:

[ QUOTE ]
What read on the UTG limper?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am saying that I may limp here if UTG has tight ep standards and the players acting behind me are likely to come in for 1 bet. I am not saying raising is wrong, just that it is not the only reasonable option.

[ QUOTE ]
Raise it PF, so you can lead out the flop. What is he going to get otherwise from betting a semi-decent flop when he would clearly not hold the best hand as in this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not understand your statement here. Can you clarify it for me? Speak slowly and use small words...I am slow.

--Rico