Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2004, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Ridiculous Razz Play

[ QUOTE ]
The worst of it came in the heads up match up against TJ Cloutier. He continuously called all the way down on hands where he was obviously beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone doesn't know what a "crying call" is, the tape of Dutch's HU play against TJ could be used as an instructional video. Dutch is the new poster boy for the Crying Call School of Razz.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, this was a fun one to watch. I've never seen pros quite this frustrated before. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Howard's repeated 3-pair hands are proof that B&M Razz is fixed.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:14 PM

"and dutch throwing in chips he will neeeever see again" -norman chad
(when TJ got a wheel against him)

ahhh one of the funniest comments he has ever said, and not specifically because it was dutch boyd
Old 08-04-2004, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Is THAT how razz is played?

TJ's plays against Lederer near the end werent that bad. These were more a function of understanding the differences between short handed Razz at the end of a tournament and full table razz play. He was often playing with Howard on hands where if he was behind he had a good chance to catch up, and also trying to push him to seem like he had a better hand. Dutch on the other hand was simply sitting and calling on hands he was obviously beat on, and didnt even have a good shot to catch up.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:39 PM

All I know is that seeing T.J. kick Do-Rag Boyd's ass was better than Christmas.

P.S. Where can one play razz online?
Old 08-04-2004, 01:52 PM

I really want to see the show again. One of the hands that I personally found most interesting was between Juanda and Cloutier. I can't remember it well enough now, but Juanda started the hand by announcing that he would be the new chip leader after this hand. Cloutier played against him, and to the best of my recollection, I think Juanda started with 2 low cards and a pair?? Cloutier hand rapidly turned into crap, but I think Juanda's board paired, and I think at this point Cloutier made a comment to Juanda asking him if he had two pair. I could have this wrong, but I think this was a point where I felt many would have folded Cloutier's hand, as Juanda had two good low cards on the board, though he did in fact have two pair, and actually could do no better than king low, but Cloutier didn't know this, and had nothing better himself than a DRAW to J low, if I'm not mistaken. I remember getting the feeling that Juanda actually talked Cloutier in to continuing with his hand, which Juanda definitely did not want him to do. I think Juanda responded to Cloutier suggesting he had two pair by saying he had three pair and was working on a full house, and Cloutier wound up saying something like, "you just might" and then called. It was a great read, and when Cloutier picked up a card to give him jack low, he beat Juanda's king low.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:35 PM

Your best bet is the Friday night Razz tourney on Planet Poker. I play in it every week. Starts at 12:30 ET, $10 buy in. Lots of fun, usually starts with about 15 players. Say hi to me if you see me in the tourney there.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:55 PM

Default Thanks! nm

Old 08-04-2004, 09:46 PM

Dutch played awful. He just looked like such a childish, immature, amateur all night. 5k at a time...can I look at your bracelet.. TJ and Howard were just laughing at him and he appeared clueless. It's been another year and he's done nothing; I hope the gay crew is sharing their $$ so he doesnt need to rip off anymore online players.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The worst of it came in the heads up match up against TJ Cloutier. He continuously called all the way down on hands where he was obviously beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone doesn't know what a "crying call" is, the tape of Dutch's HU play against TJ could be used as an instructional video. Dutch is the new poster boy for the Crying Call School of Razz.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]