Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2004, 12:53 AM

Default Re: FYI

Couldn't agree more, Jason is crap when he can't play all-in or fold. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2004, 01:14 AM

I love you too tosh,

xoxo,
Jason
[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2004, 02:29 AM

Default Re: Super Tuesday Sweat & Moan Thread

I'd have folded to the reraise preflop, but I didn't mind the push too much. You might get AK to fold on the monotone.

What you should really have done, though, was reraise all in with those fives. I was watching the table since you were the last 2+2'er left and I figured he'd try to pull the steal off after you laid down the previous time. If you reraised I think he'd have folded, but calling was the worst of the three.

Oh well. What do I know, I pushed with AK unimproved yesterday at the wrong time :P
Old 08-04-2004, 02:52 AM

For someone who hates online poker and is not a tourny player, it gets a lot worse than 21st / 800+ in a good tourny.

Nice job [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Maybe I'll have to stake u more often. Sitting on a couch with the gf winning 300 bucks aint bad.
Old 08-04-2004, 08:59 AM

Yeah that was dumb.

Still, I did have a flush draw, yeah!
Old 08-04-2004, 09:03 AM

I think you're right that pushing was better than calling, but I was fairly sure he would call since he had clearly noticed my super lagginess. I'm thinking perhaps folding those fives and waiting a bit for a good hand would have been best. Trap the guy into thinking I'm stealing again. On the other hand I couldn't afford to wait more than one, at most two, orbits.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:03 AM

Default mini-Report

Before I start sorry to anybody who was sweating and thought i was jason, I probably didn't say hi/respond to comments because I either had my chat off or forgot I was named jason for the night.

I don't normally play online because I go on insta-tilt at the slightest hint of a bad beat. In live games I'm very patient, but online I go sorta nuts for some reason.

One funny hand early in tourney:
Called a smallish raise out of BB with KJo against some 2+2er (forgot the name) that the real strassa had been talking to earlier in the hcat box. Flop comes down A-8-3 or something like that. I check-raise all-in. He thinks for a long time, then as he is mucking says: "If you were Jason I'd call." Hee hee hee.

Sucked out once around the bubble with ATs vs. AK. I raised my smallish stack all in preflop and managed to flop the nut flush. I'm the man.

Another suck out: I raise it to 4000 with AKs and get called by the BB who only has about 3500 left after the call. Flop is Q-T-x. BB goes all in. I figure I've got 7 outs and a will to gamble so I call, he shows AT. I spike a K on the river. Sweet.

I never really got going in this tourney, and never really built my stack much above average. The whole time I felt off balance and pressured from the blinds. Couldn't get into any pots without completely committing preflop. Frustrating to say the least.

In the end, I just couldn't find a hand and spot to take a stand with, and resigned myself to calling all-in blind from the BB. It was 23o (thanks Party Poker) and I lose to the SB who had KQo and turned the nut straight.

Finished 21 out of 800+ or whatever. Not bad for a freeroll.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:17 PM

Jus' kidding. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Congrats to Jason's friend for a solid finish.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:48 PM

Default Re: mini-Report

[ QUOTE ]
One funny hand early in tourney:
Called a smallish raise out of BB with KJo against some 2+2er (forgot the name) that the real strassa had been talking to earlier in the hcat box. Flop comes down A-8-3 or something like that. I check-raise all-in. He thinks for a long time, then as he is mucking says: "If you were Jason I'd call." Hee hee hee.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was me. I was just blowing smoke. I don't recall what I had now, but I didn't have a pair, so you were probably ahead. Nice play.

I went out a frustrating 113th. I had a nice stack and lost a good deal of it with my QQ v. AK all-in preflop. No regrets there. Actually doubled up with 55 vs. the same player's AJ a little later.

Last hand: Blinds 200/400. I have ~4000 chips. A4 of diamonds in the BB. Unknown player who hadn't played too many hands min-raised in LP (he has ~5500 chips). I call. Flop is something like 4 6 9 with one diamond. I check, he bets the pot (1800). I figure that AA or KK would have bet less to try to induce me to come over the top, so I put him on big cards and push. He calls with KK. Oops. Dumb. Sigh.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:50 PM

Default Re: mini-Report

[ QUOTE ]
Unknown player who hadn't played too many hands min-raised in LP (he has ~5500 chips). I call. Flop is something like 4 6 9 with one diamond. I check, he bets the pot (1800). I figure that AA or KK would have bet less to try to induce me to come over the top, so I put him on big cards and push. He calls with KK. Oops. Dumb. Sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]
I did enjoy your hand from earlier that I thought of as "Applied Implied Odds 101" when UTG minraised w KK and you flopped trips with T8 (?) from the BB to knock him out. Sorry to hear 'bout the early exit - you were looking good when I stopped lurking with ~130 left.

- MWC