Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2004, 02:09 PM

Default PokerTracker question.

Howdy all.

I've recently decided that it's time for me to get with the program, put a crow-bar in my wallet, and get PokerTracker. Before I take the plunge, however, I have a question I'm hoping some of you guys could help me out with.

The only email account I have presently is a Hotmail account, I was wondering if it's a huge pain in the ass to get the hand histories because of that. I like the idea of being able to set it to automatically retrieve them, but I want to make sure that's an option before I drop the money for it. On the website it gives instructions about how to make this happen, but I just wanted to see if anyone is in the same boat, and how it went for them.

I don't want to worry about missing hands, and I would like to save myself the hassle of manually putting them into the database.

Thanks a bunch.
R

(This is probably the wrong forum for this. Sorry If I've offended anyone's sensitivities.)
Old 08-04-2004, 02:12 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker question.

I'm not sure how it would work with hotmail, but you can download the free trial (1000 hands) and make sure for yourself.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:15 PM

I recently got Poker Tracker, and I was able to set it up using my Hotmail account and Outlook Express. Just follow the instructions on the Poker Tracker forum. The only thing that I had to do to get it to work was copy the hand history from my hotmail inbox to my local inbox in Outlook Express, or Poker Tracker doesn't see it. That could be a problem with my setup though...
Old 08-04-2004, 02:17 PM

Do you have to do this with each group of 100 hands, or is it just a one time operation at the end of the session?
Old 08-04-2004, 02:17 PM

There was also some discussion on the Poker Track forums on how to set up a free pop3 account and use it with Poker Tracker. Free Pop3
Old 08-04-2004, 02:18 PM

Hey Chief.

I tried this, but the automatic retrieval thing was only available to registered users, so I guess I would have had to pay for it first before I could see if it worked or not.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:19 PM

Sorry cold cash. I didn't even realize that.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:19 PM

hey cold cash,
To set it up automatically, you most likely need an email server that runs through Outlook Express (a POP3 mail server). Hotmail is web-based, so this is not possible.

However, it's fairly simple to download the hand histories -1) open your history,
2) highlight all the text (drag or edit\select all),
3) copy text (control-c or right-click\copy),
4) open notepad and paste (control-v or right-click\paste),
5) save as a text file.

Then open pokertracker, import the txt file and it's in. give it a whirl on the trial first to be sure.

Sorry for outlining the entire process (but someone else on the micros may like to know too). I think it's fine to post this in the software forum, but i'd be more comfortable asking in my spiritual home (especially as we know microers have PT).

It's worth more than the $30 we pay. that program is a boon. If you have a POP3 mail server it's easier [i don't yet but will do in 2 weeks].

Regards,
Pete Harris
Old 08-04-2004, 02:22 PM

I've got my Hotmail account working with Outlook Express, so I'm hoping I'll be able to have it just shoot them in there automatically.

Like I said, the website says this is possible, so I think I'm going to give it a shot. If it doesn't work I guess I'll try to find a free POP3 someplace like some of the guys in Vern's link were talking about. (Thanks for that link, btw.)
Old 08-04-2004, 02:25 PM

If i remeber corectly. You can route your hotmail thru a pop 3