Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2004, 08:16 PM

Default Re: the OFFICIAL \"dutch boyd crew is gay\" thread

I just wanted to point out, for anyone reading this thread who is not familiar with why so many people dislike Dutch Boyd, here is a link to his own explanation regarding the poker site he was involved in running, Pokerspot:

Dutch Boyd FAQ

Obviously I have no idea to what degree he is telling the truth, but if he is telling the truth, then I think he gets somewhat of a bad rap. Of course, I completely understand why anyone who got screwed out of money that they had deposited with Pokerspot would be mad as hell; I would be too.

I think the Crew are a bunch of young guys who are very good poker players, and who have grown very confident in their abilities as they've had more and more success. Scott Fischman came off looking classless, but I don't look for that to necessarily be indicative of the whole Crew. Of course, when you talk about "taking over the poker world" (and then when you back up some of your big talk with big success), then you've put a big bullseye on your chest. Like you say, it's probably good for the poularity of the game.

Main Event TV Spoiler (well, not really a spoiler, but):

Look for Annie Duke and Gank of the Crew to get in an argument that results in the floor being called.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:12 PM

post of the thread

"Douche Boyd"

I can take these guys or leave them. Fischman got lucky, and the "self nicknaming" is f'ing hilarious.

My favorite part was his arrogant posturing of being "the best in the world" and that he could "take anyone heads up" - only to get o\/\/ned by Awata. Then he sucks him out with a 5 outer. I hated that.

Anyone else hate that just by looking at the chipstacks, and knowing there's only 5 minutes left in an episode that it's obvious who's gonna win?
Old 08-02-2004, 03:29 PM

most people know who wins anyway
Old 08-02-2004, 11:52 PM

knowing who is gonna win the final hand isnt as bad as knowing that any had (other than the first hand and the first heads up hand) is going to either be 1. and all in, 2. a monster bluff, 3. a moster pot where a bluff gets called or two players catch massive hands.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:03 AM

lmao
Old 08-03-2004, 12:21 AM

I hate to say it but...

If there is any intelligence in the crew (which has been proven there is) and if they have any clue how to play poker (which they have also proven they do) they very well could become a bunch rising stars in the poker world. Gay or not. Spending all that time learning from each others expierences and mistakes could improve their play rapidly. ESPN, of course, is blowing it up because some one there thinks that a story like that makes for good T.V. Maybe. Maybe not. I'm just trying to look at this from a stand point of logic, and leave all personal opinions aside.

There is/was a "Rat Pack of Poker" of the same concept. Members include(d) Phil Ivey and Eric Lindgen.

(this post has realy made me laugh though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 08-03-2004, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to say it but...

If there is any intelligence in the crew (which has been proven there is) and if they have any clue how to play poker (which they have also proven they do) they very well could become a bunch rising stars in the poker world. Gay or not. Spending all that time learning from each others expierences and mistakes could improve their play rapidly. ESPN, of course, is blowing it up because some one there thinks that a story like that makes for good T.V. Maybe. Maybe not. I'm just trying to look at this from a stand point of logic, and leave all personal opinions aside.

There is/was a "Rat Pack of Poker" of the same concept. Members include(d) Phil Ivey and Eric Lindgen.

(this post has realy made me laugh though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about in reference to Ivey and Lindgren, LOL.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF are you talking about in reference to Ivey and Lindgren, LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

You, seriously, don't know?
Old 08-03-2004, 01:19 AM

just say it already [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2004, 03:29 AM

I think D&D needs to be left out. Your gonna piss off some dungeon masters.