Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2004, 01:26 AM

Default Re: If I hadn\'t Seen It I Wouldn\'t Have Believed It

[ QUOTE ]
Really in what way? You need to come off your high horse.

There are really three options here, not all mutually exclusive:

1) This entire thread is some sort of elaborate troll.
2) You're drunk/high/something.
3) You're the dumbest poster I've seen in weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never cease to be amazed by how rude & arrogant some people can be when cloaked in anonymity. This is sadly the hallmark of the internet poster. People who would never dream of being impolite in person think nothing of being rude on the net. You don't know me and yet you believe you have the right to call me an ass, a troll, and dumb. Where does this right stem from? You're having been a poster on this forum for 8 months? You're writing a piece of converter code? In the 8 months you have been registered you have posted an average of 8.8 posts a day. I suggest you get outside a little more often and get a real life. Anonymously verbally abusing people really isn't a longterm formula for a happy life. BTW, the link on your profile is broken.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:37 AM

I never cease to be amazed by how rude & arrogant some people can be when cloaked in anonymity. This is sadly the hallmark of the internet poster. People who would never dream of being impolite in person think nothing of being rude on the net.

My name is Peter. I live in Northern California. That's my picture right below my name there. Anyone with a basic knowledge of how whois works could figure out who I am. You may find me rude & arrogant, but I'm making absolutely no effort to be anonymous.

Anonymously verbally abusing people really isn't a longterm formula for a happy life.

You keep me up to date on the keys to a happy life and I'll keep you up to date on your inability to read the action in a hold'em hand.

I suggest you get outside a little more often and get a real life.

I'll definitely take that under advisement.

BTW, the link on your profile is broken.

Mea culpa. (wait, no. Looks like subq's server's down.)
Old 08-02-2004, 02:17 AM

ok, since no one else is going to say it, i'll try to...

banditdad, you DO realize that just because the ace high flush is on the board, you could still lose to a higher flush, right? If I was third to act, and there was a raise and a reraise, I'd be out of there so fast, especially with low hearts on the board.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

banditdad, you DO realize that just because the ace high flush is on the board, you could still lose to a higher flush, right? If I was third to act, and there was a raise and a reraise, I'd be out of there so fast, especially with low hearts on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh* Yes I do realize it. I wasn't in this hand, I was watching it. I had folded preflop.

My point before the bisonbison et al started to flame me was that the other 2 players did not see the flush on the board. They folded thinking they were folding to a pair of aces. They then wrote in the chat box that they didn't realize there was a flush and that they might have been able to split the pot insteade of folding. Since there was no SD I can't say if they would have won, lost or split. All I can comment on is that they were not paying enough attention to even know what was out there. I found that amusing. I had nothing to do before 6 feet under came on so I thought I'd post something that I found amusing. Perhaps they were being crafty .50/1.00 players trying to misdirect us. Who knows? I do know one thing: don't ever post anything here without first clearing it with the board monitors.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:30 AM

A pox on all your houses!

Bandit, Bison is one of the most respected posters in this forum and has helped improved the game of many many posters while being all in all pretty tactful and patient. If your going to be deeply offended by someone who points out a flagerant flaw in your reasoning then your better off just not posting. He's told me I was just plain wrong more than once and he was correct and respectful, we all appreciate his candor and posts.

Just chill out and let this post die already.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you keep posting this?
Old 08-02-2004, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My point [snip] was that the other 2 players did not see the flush on the board. They folded thinking they were folding to a pair of aces. They then wrote in the chat box that they didn't realize there was a flush and that they might have been able to split the pot insteade of folding.[snip] All I can comment on is that they were not paying enough attention to even know what was out there. I found that amusing.

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh*... well, ya know you'd have saved a buncha trouble if you'd put this in your original post. If you look back at your first post can you see how it looks like you thought it was amusing that not one, but two players would be idiots enough to fold when the nut flush was on the board?...which obviously wouldn't necessarily be a ridiculous thing to do at all.

--Zetack
Old 08-02-2004, 03:25 AM

I still think that's what he meant when he started the thread. That's why he said "Ace high flush" as if ANY flush with the ace is the best flush.

If you think about it, even if he had posted that in the first place, the thread still wouldn't be amusing.

I don't buy it.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:53 AM

This whole thread is a joke, right? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2004, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

banditdad, you DO realize that just because the ace high flush is on the board, you could still lose to a higher flush, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh* Yes I do realize it. I wasn't in this hand, I was watching it. I had folded preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you didn't realize it, sorry. You would not have made this post if you did. Glad we could plug a leak in your game. Stop calling 3 cold with no hearts when the board is A J 9 5 2 of hearts. You DONT have the nuts.