Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2004, 11:38 PM

Default 3 handed UB NL hand

You have KK in the small with 7k behind. Button and BB both have me covered. Button makes it 175, you make it 550 with KK. BB folds, and the button reraises pot. What's your plan here?

As far as reads, your table image is pretty tight and almost nit-like. Button is solid, possibly overaggro, but this has been shorthanded, after all.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:49 AM

Default Re: 3 handed UB NL hand

[ QUOTE ]
You have KK in the small with 7k behind. Button and BB both have me covered. Button makes it 175, you make it 550 with KK. BB folds, and the button reraises pot. What's your plan here?

As far as reads, your table image is pretty tight and almost nit-like. Button is solid, possibly overaggro, but this has been shorthanded, after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

i havent played anything higher than .5/1 blind nl just so you know. i would move in cuz there is a slight chance your opp has a calling hand.

i hope u did not run into aces

$8.50 charge - UB name: FrankLu99
thanks
Old 08-01-2004, 07:31 AM

push. calling would be terrible here.

if he has TT,JJ,QQ,AK. a flop can do three things: improve him to a better hand, move you off a better hand, or get away cheaply. if he has AA, your going to have trouble getting away fron it regardless. i cant think of one good reason to call here, so my vote is push.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:58 AM

Am i missing something? You have $7k behind, he raised it to about $1.5k? This is a perfect example of ciaffone saying 'he'll correctly fold QQ and call with AA'. Pushing is bad.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:37 AM

I agree with Gambler on this one.

The original post asks for a plan. To me, a plan consists of a strategy, not just a single move. In poker, a strategy should be one that makes you the most money, or loses you the minimum.

3 handed, Button could easily think you are raising to get BB out, and he wants to reraise to get you to respect his button-raises, and to set you up to be manipulated on the flop.

I think i call here. Any re-raise would be really suspicious and may cost you money on later rounds.

On the flop, depends on your read. if you think he'll fire at any flop, check-raise. If not, bet a "feeler" amount, say 1/3 pot, and lure him in.

You have the best hand here. If you have KK and run into AA 3 handed, those are the breaks, but really unlikely, huh?
Old 08-01-2004, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am i missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 3 handed. while admittedly never having sat at this table, i watched enough to know QQ isn't likely folding here.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:00 PM

So for those of you advocating a call, what happens when a A, Q, J flops?
Old 08-01-2004, 08:35 PM

Even though it's 3 handed, he's reraised and you have $7k behind. Nope, i'm not pushing.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am i missing something? You have $7k behind, he raised it to about $1.5k? This is a perfect example of ciaffone saying 'he'll correctly fold QQ and call with AA'. Pushing is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the opponent has AA and the board is not threatening I think that all the money will go in anyway.

calling a pot reraise for a lot of money (a significant chunk of the 7k stack) can signal some alarm bells.
if he is good enough to fold QQ preflop do u think he is good enough to fold QQ after the flop?

Also the opponent has position on him. (personally i h8 playing out of position)
Old 08-01-2004, 09:01 PM

Everything you asked is covered in NL/PL by Ciaffone.