Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2004, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Mack, i\'m not a weak-tight player...

To those who are complaining about the $5+$1's I have a feeling you won't be good at poker because you obviously arent good at math otherwise you wouldn't be playing the $5+$1's in the first place due to the 20% fee, in the long run, financially you'd be better to play $10+$1's.
Old 07-31-2004, 05:25 PM

When you're complaining about bad streaks, remember your good streaks. I just finished a streak of 8 ITM in a row, where I was winning almost every coinflip. It was incredible, but most people won't even remember lucky streaks, just because of how the human mind is fixated on failures rather than successes.
Old 07-31-2004, 06:14 PM

I just monied after bein short on the bubble....pushed A8o on the button...called by AKs...of coz i nailed the 8 to double...3 hands later big stack raises my BB, I push with 10 10, he calls with cowboys...of coz I catch the 2 outer to double again...

The beats go both ways if you're looking closely...
Old 07-31-2004, 06:32 PM

Default Re: I\'m Not Saying Online Poker Is Rigged, But Do You...

the last four times i was heads up against a smaller pocket pair i was rivered, with opponent having only two outs. in three i was all in. so i know of what you speak.

Pat
Old 07-31-2004, 07:49 PM

Look, I'm getting sick and tired of hearing that. The extra .5 detracts from my ROI about 10%. My probability of ruin with the limited amount of funds in my bankroll almost doubles. Since I know that I am at best a breakeven or slightly profitable player at the $5's then I'm going to stay here until I see some reason to believe otherwise.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:50 PM

Well, never had one anywhere near like that. I'm sure if I keep playing it will happen if I don't go broke first.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:45 PM

Default Pat, were you

[ QUOTE ]
the last four times i was heads up against a smaller pocket pair i was rivered, with opponent having only two outs. in three i was all in. so i know of what you speak.

Pat

[/ QUOTE ]

headsup for the win when you got rivered those 4 times or were they just they in different spots throughout the SNG?
the key thing about my rivers which contributed to them being so bad is WHEN THEY HAPPENED, not just the hands i lost against. 3 of my rivers were on the bubble in 4th which contributed to to me not making the money.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:58 PM

Default hey, stupidsucker...

[ QUOTE ]
I am dumber for having read this thread.

Please let it die and pay it no mind.

Complaining about 50% ITM is absolutly [censored] retarded, in the short or long run. I dont care if you were 100% ITM after 100 tourneys then lost 100 in a row after that.

I will pay this thread no more mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you can live with 50% ITM when you can have better, more power to you. if you go back and read the original post, i never complained about the 50% ITM. i did'nt even complain about these particular bad beats either. i simply documented them, described when they occurred (all at crucial times), and asked had anyone else experienced so many in such a short period of time. it's more a question of, "Has anyone felt like the EXACT CARD(S) that you don't
want dealt get dealt out and sometimes to the point where you can PREDICT the card or what spot it will hit at". i'm sure many players have felt like this playing online. then to have it happen so often in such a short period of time and ALWAYS at or near the most crucial point...it's enough to have anybody take notice and say, "DAMN!". to have it happen that often and always at a crucial moment, you start to shake your head and then LYFAO [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] at the craziness of it all.
Old 07-31-2004, 11:01 PM

Default mack, i already told you my handle is the same...

[ QUOTE ]
So what is your handle?

[/ QUOTE ]

Desdia72. are you now gonna make it your mission to seek me out to deliver your own MISSISSIPPI RIVER blue plate special?
Old 07-31-2004, 11:11 PM

Default like i said, Sponger, good luck in your...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am dumber for having read this thread.

Please let it die and pay it no mind.

Complaining about 50% ITM is absolutly [censored] retarded, in the short or long run. I dont care if you were 100% ITM after 100 tourneys then lost 100 in a row after that.

I will pay this thread no more mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHY EVEN READ THE THREAD IF YOU ARE GOING TO SAY THINGS LIKE THIS....wahhhh [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

future endeavors. judging by all this pent up hostility and hate you got toward me, you're gonna need all the good luck you can get. for you to continuously try to antagonize me and poke fun in the name of, maybe "comedic license", shows how much class you not only have as a player...but as a human being.