Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2004, 03:11 PM

Default Re: I\'m Not Saying Online Poker Is Rigged, But Do You...

[ QUOTE ]
Look, I'm getting crushed at the $5+$1 S&G's. I don't know what is wrong. Out of the past 22 I've got 2 thirds and 1 second. Everything goes wrong and I've made a few mistakes. I've read at least 10 books on hold em, am working on a ph.d in math and have always excelled at these types of things. Plus I've played live poker off and on for 20 years with pretty good results. I had no idea that you had to play perfectly to beat $5 sit and go's. Stuff like this is just crushing my ego and even thinking about the possibility that something other than my own play is responsible for my results impedes my progress. I wish it were true that online collusion or faulty shuffling algorithms or the great pink unicorn in the sky is responsible for my pathetic results at the lowest possible level of sit and go. Against the weakest bunch of know-nothing morons to boot.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, 22 SnGs doesn't mean much. If you're getting it in the with the best of it, you'll come out ahead. If you're not, you have to ask yourself why not, and fix it.

Post some hands. I suspect you're making numerous fundamental errors. You may have read "books on hold 'em" but these SnGs are a very specific kind of game about which very little has been written. Most books will be useless or more likely misleading about how to play in these games.

eastbay
Old 07-31-2004, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno man you complaing about 50% ITM i have got a line of 22 where i was beat as a minimum of 70% favourite in every single one of them, over half in the last 6 out of 18, what you have there is normal and will happen again many times.

Regards Mack

PS Keep pushing the 9s [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]! ...and the AAs, AKs (on the bubble), trip Qs, and trip Js. gotta love that MISSISSIPPI, though.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:24 PM

Eastbay, I've got over 400 SNG's. I was just talking about the past 22 because they have been particularly brutal and I wanted to point out how harmful it can be to start thinking that something other than yourself is repsonsible for crappy results. Hell, I clearly have something wrong with my fundamentals. Can't figure it out though other than I call some bets on the bubble that I shouldn't. That may be everything.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look, I'm getting crushed at the $5+$1 S&G's. I don't know what is wrong. Out of the past 22 I've got 2 thirds and 1 second. Everything goes wrong and I've made a few mistakes. I've read at least 10 books on hold em, am working on a ph.d in math and have always excelled at these types of things. Plus I've played live poker off and on for 20 years with pretty good results. I had no idea that you had to play perfectly to beat $5 sit and go's. Stuff like this is just crushing my ego and even thinking about the possibility that something other than my own play is responsible for my results impedes my progress. I wish it were true that online collusion or faulty shuffling algorithms or the great pink unicorn in the sky is responsible for my pathetic results at the lowest possible level of sit and go. Against the weakest bunch of know-nothing morons to boot.

[/ QUOTE ]

did i play against you in the SNG where that COFFIN guy cracked my Aces vs his Q Q when he caught that club on the river for the flush?

the same guy that clowned me about the rivers went on tilt in two consecutive hands later after all those chips he had accumulated and went out in 5th. what a way to go out after
talking all that noise. even in defeat as the shortstack with trip Jacks and after getting clowned by those guys, i never spoke an ill word toward anybody at the table and i typed, "Good luck to all" as i went out.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:28 PM

hmmm...not unusual at all to lose w best hand all-in preflop...not much folding equity in $5 SnG's.... often better not call all-ins unless you're short stacked...and try raising 3x bb and playing the flop rather than pushing...at the $5 level pushing doesn't get much respect.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:33 PM

I don't think we've ever played. My PP handle is stompit.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
THIS IS'NT A BAD BEAT THREAD

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is.

[ QUOTE ]
who's had a similar roasting in such a short period by the run of the cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who's ever played poker for any stretch of time. I bet you sucked out on a bunch of people in the 50% of your ITM stretches during this period, but somehow those don't stick in one's noggin as much as when you're on the receiving end of bad luck.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:36 PM

You play the 18 seater 5s too man, what is your handle, mine is the same as on here.

Regards ML
Old 07-31-2004, 03:39 PM

Are you gonna tell me man, or should i just look out for the weak tight one? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Regards ML
Old 07-31-2004, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eastbay, I've got over 400 SNG's. I was just talking about the past 22 because they have been particularly brutal and I wanted to point out how harmful it can be to start thinking that something other than yourself is repsonsible for crappy results. Hell, I clearly have something wrong with my fundamentals. Can't figure it out though other than I call some bets on the bubble that I shouldn't. That may be everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

well one thing i want to point out is i'm not blaming online poker for anything. if i raise 100 pf with A A, get one caller behind me, get reraised another 80 by another guy, and i go over the top all-in and he calls with Q Q (one being a club), then precedes to be dealt three clubs on the flop and another on the river for a flush...that's nothing to do with my play, it was the cards. on the bubble as a shortstack (1200 with blinds 100/200
antes 25) and LAG players willing to limp and raise with almost next to nothing, is it something i'm doing wrong by pushing with A K in this spot only to be called by A 8 and have an 8 fall on the river? if i'm the shortstack all-in on the bubble with 4 4 and a guy calls with A 2o, is dealt two lower connectors on the flop, then the straight card on the river, i guess it was on me for even pushing with a hand like this in this particular spot too. how about on the bubble as the shortstack with 6 6 and i get called by
A 9o and the board deals out four more suited cards to compliment the guy's Ace to get bounced by another flush. was it on me for having the gall to push with my hand in this spot, too? just so happens that i ever one of my 9 rivers, it had nothing to do with my play because i had the best of it going in and my hands did'nt hold up when the river card hit. it happens, i understand, but what's got me laughing how many times it's happened in such a short period of time and the crucial times it always seemed to happen in [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. just wanted to know if this has happended to others in the same fashion.

*frankly, i would'nt change the way i played my hands in the same position against the same hands if i had it to do over again.*