Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2004, 01:52 PM

Default I\'m Not Saying Online Poker Is Rigged, But Do You...

ever get the feeling that THE DECK is always stacked against you? case in point: i'm 11 for my last 22 SNGs (50% ITM).

1. i have been rivered 9 times out of this 22. four of the rivers were on the bubble, one was with A K vs A 8, one was with A A vs Q Q (thought i'd note this one because i did'nt get knocked out on this one but it left me severly handicap with 300 in chips and i shortly out with trip Js). that's 40.9 % that i have been rivered to be knocked out.
2. lost twice bigtime with pocket rockets. one to Q Q on the river (flush) and another to 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](got a str8 on the turn).
3. big hands getting crushed: A A, A K vs A J, A K vs A Q, A K vs A 8, Q J(two pair on flop), trip Qs, trip Js, trip 4s. most of these beats either knocked me out or crippled my stack.

with that being said, "THIS IS'NT A BAD BEAT THREAD!" (i did my complaining and tantrums elsewhere); however, i was wondering if anybody else has experienced these types of beats in so close succession in this short a sample of SNGs that ended up having such a devastating effect on placing and ROI?

like with the rivers, i had alot of river beats in the past but not this many in such a short sample. i have'nt had this many big hands get crushed in such a short sample. i had explained this (the rivers) to some players in a recent SNG where i lost with the A A vs Q Q and when i busted out in 7th with trip Jacks, one of the players said, "Whoa- he's right?" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

during this stretch, my ITM % has went from 75% to 50%. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

who's had a similar roasting in such a short period by the run of the cards?
Old 07-31-2004, 02:03 PM

Default Re: I\'m Not Saying Online Poker Is Rigged, But Do You...

correction: 7 rivers out of 22 (31.8), the other two rivers contributed greatly to me being ousted because they left me very low in chips, i.e 100-300 in chips. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2004, 02:08 PM

i'm not saying that all of your posts are annoying, but....
Old 07-31-2004, 02:09 PM

prolly shouldn't complain about 50% ITM ^_^
Old 07-31-2004, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not saying that all of your posts are annoying, but....

[/ QUOTE ]

see Sponger, you always wanna label me an ARGUERER, but it's always a guy like you that comes in the thread and says something that's uncalled for. just like i told you in MATTHEW's forums, if my posts are annoying to you, why read them or respond to them?
Old 07-31-2004, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
prolly shouldn't complain about 50% ITM ^_^

[/ QUOTE ]

not complaining. but when you considered that during this stretch, i've been hit with THE wrong card at THE wrong time so many times--- 50% ITM ain't looking all that great.

anyways, ever find yourself saying to yourself, "Don't let this card come"....AND IT DOES! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] now multiply that by 9 times and have them all happen at the wrong time! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] after a while, it get's hilarious! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

that's what i mean. it's not complaining, it's like STUNNED
or STYMIED...SPEECHLESS [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!
Old 07-31-2004, 02:27 PM

Have you tracked the number of times you've rivered the card you needed to stay alive or build your stack to help you make the money 11 times. My guess would be that it would be around 4 or 5 times. This is nothing more than a bad beat whine!
Old 07-31-2004, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you tracked the number of times you've rivered the card you needed to stay alive or build your stack to help you make the money 11 times. My guess would be that it would be around 4 or 5 times. This is nothing more than a bad beat whine!

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, i have'nt caught too many river cards to help me make ITM, mostly because my hands preflop have a good chance to win unimproved preflop anyway. the majority of the time i place ITM is through steady chip accumulation rather than dramatic catches on the MISSISSIPPI. in other times, observing the play of others at the table has allowed me to make ITM without having to play much. in others, sensing when a good hand is beat and making a proper laydown without committing more chips has allowed me to make ITM. i try not to stick around to the river with an inferior hand so there fore my chance of catching a river is lower. i also, don't call many big raises or all-ins with marginal hands either so i guess that decreases my chance of a dramatic spike on the MISSISSPPI too. that's probably why i do pretty OK in $5 SNGs compared to the majority. better to develop play condusive to winning NOW rather than at the higher limits after i've realized i was outclassed a long time ago.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:05 PM

Look, I'm getting crushed at the $5+$1 S&G's. I don't know what is wrong. Out of the past 22 I've got 2 thirds and 1 second. Everything goes wrong and I've made a few mistakes. I've read at least 10 books on hold em, am working on a ph.d in math and have always excelled at these types of things. Plus I've played live poker off and on for 20 years with pretty good results. I had no idea that you had to play perfectly to beat $5 sit and go's. Stuff like this is just crushing my ego and even thinking about the possibility that something other than my own play is responsible for my results impedes my progress. I wish it were true that online collusion or faulty shuffling algorithms or the great pink unicorn in the sky is responsible for my pathetic results at the lowest possible level of sit and go. Against the weakest bunch of know-nothing morons to boot.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:09 PM

I dunno man you complaing about 50% ITM i have got a line of 22 where i was beat as a minimum of 70% favourite in every single one of them, over half in the last 6 out of 18, what you have there is normal and will happen again many times.

Regards Mack

PS Keep pushing the 9s [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]