Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2004, 01:02 AM

Default Re: I can\'t stop berating players.

I guess you should read this forum more then.
Old 07-31-2004, 01:03 AM

He was calling. Doesn't have anything to do with my post.
Old 07-31-2004, 02:59 AM

I two had a problem with this, I have found a simple word that I use to nicely tell the Fish that I am pissed that I got called with that crap and lost.

WOW! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Than I watch for awhile to make sure the guy doesn't make the money. You would be suprised [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], most of the time they get knocked out about 20-30 hands later with another great call.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I knew he had me beat here but there was something about this horrible player winning chips from me because I had a 2nd best hand that just pissed me off so I called anyways and became a shorter stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

you knew you were beat but you called the bet because you were pissed off that he raised.
you didn't want the 'horrible player' to win chips from you....so you responded by giving him more chips.
interesting.

[ QUOTE ]
"great call, calling large all-in's with small pocket pairs is smart".

[/ QUOTE ]

when i see chat like this i typically make a note that the player saying this is a whiner...which means i want to be playing in his games.
btw, i don't know what the stack-sizes were or what level you were at for this hand....but there are definitely situations where i call here.

additionally, you had already made a bad play...did it occur to you that your opponent took a calculated gamble based on your earlier tilt-induced play??

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, don't you hate these guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope. not even a little bit.

especially so if i'm on the short-stack and looking to double-up. i'm happy with a 50-50 shot here and would be disappointed (moderately) if i only stole the blinds.

when i'm on the short-stack and i push-in with a decent hand i'm HOPING that someone puts me on a steal-attempt and decides to call. i need a double-up, not a blind-steal. although it's okay if i have to settle for the latter.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:35 AM

Good stuff Microbob

It is a frustrating game, we all know that. And there are a ton of new players (I feel like a veteran with only 1 year in). If you are playing horrible players it may be due to lower limit play. Thats where the donkeys/rookies learn before movin up.

My favorite rookie move is the all-in (sit n gos). Staying away from probable coin flips is the biggest key to winning IMO. Played a 30 man $30+3 Party tonight. Saw at least 10 all ins early w/AK some sooted. AQ was very popular allin also. I'm not looking to go out 28th when someone hits their draw. I can fold a big hand and out play him later.

Doesn't that say "my best chance to win is to flip a coin?, since I don't have confidence in my post flop game".

I love these games especially when a guy can't believe his MIGHTY AK didn't hold up. Maybe a big raise woulda built a bigger pot for you to milk some dough outa the river when you hit or bluff at pot?

Be nice to rookies, move up to a better game when your ready. Or capitalize on the rookie mistakes (no coaching) and build your bankroll.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:02 AM

Listen dude, Dom's not trying to say your play was wrong. You ran into a pair and a player who was willing to call for a big chunk of chips. It happens, and it's not like the guy snapped you off with J4o. You were behind. And the better hand won.

Was it a good call? Maybe not (might even go with probably not, although I don't know what he had observed of you earlier play). But the point is that this happens all the time and complaining about bad players makes you look like a novice who does not appreciate the value of playing with weak, loose players.

I'm not trying to attack you, just trying to offer some advice. If you post here looking for advice, then you need to be open to criticism.

If you post on here looking for people to commiserate with your frustration about bad players calling your big bets, you're in the wrong place.

Do whatever it takes to accept the weakness of your opponents and take advantage of it every chance you get. The sooner you contain the effect that bad calls and tough beats have on your psyche, that sooner you'll be maximizing your advantage over these bad players.

Best of luck! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2004, 06:43 AM

When people berate stupid players I like to reply: "Don't tap on the aquarium."

They usually stop. (After a couple lol's, which is the most annoying overused chat abbreviation ever, btw)
Old 07-31-2004, 09:16 AM

i guess you are just not the type to let it go. the last four hands i have had where i was a large pocket pair against a small pair i lost on the river, three times of which i was all in and once i lost and was down to 200. after the fourth one i was pissed but i kept it to myself.thats part of the game. i let it go and you should too.

Pat
Old 07-31-2004, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Just remember that you have no reason to be defensive. Joke's on them. You make money at this game and chances are very good that they don't. So, why do you care what they think?

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

eastbay this is gold, thank you for this.

i'm gonna type something like this to the crappy players next time, but LiKe ThIS So THeY KnOW I HAte THEm.

just kidding.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:33 PM

nice post slogger...reading this forum has allowed me to accept the bad beats with a zen like attitude.