Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2004, 06:59 AM

Default Annie Duke has class

The grace and maturity Annie has displayed throughout all the bashing is "off the charts". The only thing this disgraceful behavior has accomplished is to discourage her from ever posting here again.

I hope this doesn't open up another round of Annie bashing. If you feel compelled that you have to bash, then direct it at me.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:27 AM

Default Amen (n/m)

n/m
Old 07-30-2004, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Annie Duke has class

I was forced to make a grudging concession about a year ago that it wasn't in my best interest to judge a person's character based on the opinion of their opponents or people who don't like them.

I can judge them based on their poker talent [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] - but the point is, I concur with the above posters - it is tres bummer that we don't have Annie's/Howard's opinions on here more or that we can't treat her with the same respect we give Fossilman who we have watched grow up here on the forum... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

friend said recently the 2+2 forums were degenirating into the RGP mudslinging - ah well - nothing lasts forever....

now if you'll excuse me, SOME of us aren't WCP's yet - and have to work at a [censored] job for 12 hrs today.

pax
RB
Old 07-30-2004, 10:57 AM

Thank you.

I was starting to think I was the only one who thought this.

It amazes me that people don't realize how hypocritical it is to slander a person in a public forum, then accuse that target of being "classless" and "non-professional."

And it takes a special one-sided strength and maturity to respond with class and not crawl into the gutter with the attacker. So far, it's Ms. Duke who's shown this class, and not those kids who seem to have nothing better to do than insult her.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:25 PM

Well said. Hopefully some will benefit.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:39 PM

Default Exactly! N/M

N/M
Old 07-30-2004, 05:29 PM

I did a seminar with Annie this week and I will try and get it posted ASAP.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The grace and maturity Annie has displayed throughout all the bashing is "off the charts". The only thing this disgraceful behavior has accomplished is to discourage her from ever posting here again.

[/ QUOTE ]

[sniffle, sniffle...sob]
Old 07-30-2004, 08:56 PM

I agree with you about this. Her recent posts have shown much class. What an incredible resource to have someone as experienced, knowledgeable and skilled as Ms. Duke as a poster here... I hope she ignores the haters and posts here more often.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[sniffle, sniffle...sob]

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd rather have RichieRich's postings than Annie Duke's? Based solely on what I've seen in this forum, that would be a highly questionable choice indeed.

And there can be no question that Ms. Duke could bring a wealth of poker knowledge to this board were it not for the classless, juvenile rantings of a few.