Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2004, 03:34 PM

Default Horseshoe Hand of the Day

Dealing the graveyard shift (2-10 a.m.) at the Horseshoe, I get a chance to deal a lot of the 1-2 blinds no limit game. My friends who read the board always ask me about interesting hands I deal, so I figured I would try to post one each day if I happen to remember one.
These posts will have very little content, and though they don't involve Internet Gambling, I like the zoo, and feel it is the best place for them. If you do not want to see these posts here, I will stop making them.

Ok..the setup...the game has been going since I got there at 2 a.m., mostly 7-handed. There is one very LAG player who is the only real donator at the table. I give him some good hands, and his LAGginess allows him to get some loose river calls, and he is up probably $600 since I got to work.

Finally, the game breaks up at about 8 a.m., but he and one of the better players in the game agree to play heads up. The LAG buys in with $200, the other player covers this and then some.

For the first twenty minutes I deal, 2/3 hands are raised to $20 preflop (1-2 blinds) by the LAG, and the good player either limp/folds or folds from the BB. I know he is waiting to limp/reraise with a decent hand, he just can't get one. Finally, it comes.

The good player (GP) limps in. LAG raises 15 more. GP brings out a stack of red (probably $100), which the LAG quickly matches. The flop comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and the LAG immediately pushes in his 85 or so remaining. GP says "Well, I have the stone cold nuts, so I call." I burn a card, and deal the turn, which is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I shoot GP the "Wow, I just dealt you quads heads up" look, and he smiles.

I wonder if the smile is because he just took $200 from LAG, or because LAG is pulling another $200 out of his wallet. For those of you who read the HUSH board, there is usually a weekly hand reading quiz, where the villain has something preposterous. I can't offer the $50, but I can offer the challenge. What did LAG have?

Jason
Old 07-29-2004, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Horseshoe Hand of the Day

[ QUOTE ]
What did LAG have?

[/ QUOTE ]

pocket 6's or 2's
Old 07-29-2004, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dealing the graveyard shift (2-10 a.m.) at the Horseshoe, I get a chance to deal a lot of the 1-2 blinds no limit game. My friends who read the board always ask me about interesting hands I deal, so I figured I would try to post one each day if I happen to remember one.
These posts will have very little content, and though they don't involve Internet Gambling, I like the zoo, and feel it is the best place for them. If you do not want to see these posts here, I will stop making them.

Ok..the setup...the game has been going since I got there at 2 a.m., mostly 7-handed. There is one very LAG player who is the only real donator at the table. I give him some good hands, and his LAGginess allows him to get some loose river calls, and he is up probably $600 since I got to work.

Finally, the game breaks up at about 8 a.m., but he and one of the better players in the game agree to play heads up. The LAG buys in with $200, the other player covers this and then some.

For the first twenty minutes I deal, 2/3 hands are raised to $20 preflop (1-2 blinds) by the LAG, and the good player either limp/folds or folds from the BB. I know he is waiting to limp/reraise with a decent hand, he just can't get one. Finally, it comes.

The good player (GP) limps in. LAG raises 15 more. GP brings out a stack of red (probably $100), which the LAG quickly matches. The flop comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and the LAG immediately pushes in his 85 or so remaining. GP says "Well, I have the stone cold nuts, so I call." I burn a card, and deal the turn, which is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I shoot GP the "Wow, I just dealt you quads heads up" look, and he smiles.

I wonder if the smile is because he just took $200 from LAG, or because LAG is pulling another $200 out of his wallet. For those of you who read the HUSH board, there is usually a weekly hand reading quiz, where the villain has something preposterous. I can't offer the $50, but I can offer the challenge. What did LAG have?

Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Preposterous bad beat preposterous or preposterous bad call preposterous?

bad call? A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

bad beat? 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to hit the SF on the river.

-AA
Old 07-29-2004, 03:56 PM

4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the draw to the nuts.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What did LAG have?

[/ QUOTE ]

K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2x
Old 07-29-2004, 08:24 PM

Since the other 2 is taken ill go for [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5
Think also he got the str8 flush at the river since you are posting this hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2004, 12:51 AM

lag has 4 10 off suit
Old 07-30-2004, 04:16 AM

Unfortunately for the LAG, it was nothing as exciting as a straight flush draw that got there. He had T8o with the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for a gutshot and backdoor flush draw. A ten actually landed on the river, so had GP tried this play with 88 or AK, he would have lost the hand.