Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2004, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Entire HH, Good bubble play

Jason, thanks for the HH. I'm new to the game and have a few questions about your thought process on some of the hands. Hope they're not too basic (or plain stupid!), but your insight would be appreciated.

1) What was your thought process when going all in with KJo when the blinds were 50/100?

2) Did you consider it a risky/close call with AQo when phillips100 raised all-in and you were down to five?

3) I didn't understand why you went all-in when utg with 87o, but folded Q8o a few hands later.

Thanks for your comments.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:12 PM

Asics,

The KJo move was debatable. I was in all-in or fold mode. It seemed like my hand had enough value to make this kind of raise, and I had played very tight most of the game. (With close to 10xBB i am in all in or fold mode).

The call with AQo was indeed close. It's right on the border with what I will call with, I just thought that my hand was too good to fold at that point, and folding is far too weak against typical 200 sng players. I figure my opponent is pushing with any pair, any ace, and king, and that I am either in a 50/50 spot or in a very dominating position. I probably fold AT here, AJ is tougher, probably a fold, but tough. This was borderline for me.

The reason for the 87o all in, and not the Q8o all-in is very straight forward for me. Basically, in this hand, ibyurnajam (a thinking player) wanted me to tangle with a medium stack, so that he could creep into third. Essentially, at this point, I was doing everything I could to keep him around, and steal from stacks 2 and 3. With the 87o UTG, ibyurnajam was not in the BB, and I knew that he would fold most hands in that spot, and let me confront the BB.

With the Q8o, I was on the button, and IB was in the big blind. I wanted to give him the best chance to survive, so that I could continue to rob the no.2 and no.3 stacks. So I folded, and let him go HU with the SB.

When you have the big stack, the bubble is your friend. The longer you play 4-handed, the bigger your stack will grow, and the better the chance u have of winning it all.

Hope that helped,
-Jason
Old 07-28-2004, 05:05 PM

You play on the bubble alot like I do.

The guy who laid down the QQ made a mistake tho. Even tho there was a small stack getting ready to go out his chance of doubling up with QQ and becoming by far the biggest stack was worth the risk of busting out in fourth.

PacmanKS
Old 07-28-2004, 05:23 PM

I went back and double-checked - you won literally every hand in which you VP$IP! Clearly a SNG is going to go very well when that happens!

With all due respect, your post sounds a bit self-congratulatory, and my gut reaction when I look at this HH is that you were both 1) very lucky to win every pot at showdown, and 2) very lucky that no one called when you pushed with some of those marginal hands (KJo, 87o, 84s, T7s stood out).

However, I must grugdingly concede you are likely correct - being cogniscent of the situation, the thought processes of the other players, and playing the stack sizes and the players, rather than the cards, allowed you to successfully bully people in this manner.

It still seems awfully lucky though. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

PS: I don't beleive that guy limp-folded QQ. He's full of crap.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:17 PM

did anyone actually read this whole thing? And if so, why?
Old 07-28-2004, 06:24 PM

I'm sorry if posting this inconvenienced you in any way. I had gotten a few requests to post a SNG where I had some interesting bubble play, so I did.

Peace,
-Jason
Old 07-28-2004, 06:27 PM

Yes, I agree. I didn't mean this post to be self congratulaoty. I thought the bubble play was pretty decent, and I liked the dynamic I had working with the short stack.

I hope you understand that when I pushed with 87o, 84s, and T7s, I was playing against opponent who would not call with anything except AA, KK, or AK, because of the conditions on the bubble. KJo was an exception to that, and I guess that post was a little shady--I agree that maybe it was too ambitious.

Again, as I responded earlier, if this post offended you in any way, or if you feel like I'm being a snobby biatch, I apologize. I'll stick to sending these over PM if someone asked. I thought some halfway decent discussion could take place here.

Peace,
-Jason
Old 07-28-2004, 06:32 PM

perhaps Dominic is like me and doesn't have (or isn't aware of) the software to simplify "reading" this information?

Am i correct that you have something that you plug this data into and it spits out a graphical representation of what happened?
Old 07-28-2004, 06:34 PM

Yes, there are hand replayers around, I don't have a link offhand.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:39 PM

http://teamfu.freeshell.org/replayer.html